Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He just got a craze, shot it the first time a few days ago, yeah lil early on a present. I got him a wrist strap but he wants to shoot a 4 finger eclipse extra I have.

I told him that I would like to see him learn the basics first on the wrist strap and then maybe go to the hand held. Thought?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Let him shoot what ever feels comfortable. Just provide a little guidance so he does not use it incorrectly. Easier to learn to use it right the first time then re-learn it a few years down the road.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I would go ahead and get him the 4 finger. He's going to want one eventually. Get him a good one.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Depends on how serious he is about shooting. If he is serious I would make myself a string setup close to his drawlength and shoot it with the eclipse and see how he does. Griv has a video http://www.youtube.com/user/jeronimoapex7/videos I wouldn't let him shoot a bow with it until he was doing it correctly. That could easily take hundreds of shots. They I would get him on blind bale until he was doing it correctly. After that I would have him shoot at 5 yards at a target, and have him move back a yard or two at a time when he can cosistantly hit the center.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts