Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wantng to get into trying back tension release. No idea what to get. I am hoping someone on here would be willing to give a newbie to back tension some info but also looking for someone to sell me something good but not out of my price range. I do not have alot of cash right now.

SO if someone is willing to helpo out a newbie with a good release at a great price I would greatly appreciate.

From what I havelooked at I would prefer a 3 finger or a 4. I have some what big hands!!

So if you have something at a decent price I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks
Mike

Please PM me with pics and info on what you have.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have had a couple of offers but I cannot afford $100 to try something out that I am not sure I would even like.

If someone would be so kind and offer me something for around $40 I would greatly appreciate it.,

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SOB Some how I managed to delete my first page of PM's that were sent. So if you sent me a PM today with a offer please send again.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I have a large two finger tru tension I will sell for $40 tyd.

It is blue in color and I had truball rebuild it last year.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer but would prefer 4 finger or 3 at the smallest. Also it would have to be a large size to fit my patties.

Also if you have one that can be both a BT and a thumb release that would be [email protected][email protected]!!!!

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PM returned

Would like to get a BT and a thumb release all in one......

Thanks

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PM's returned!!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ttt

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
backtension

Check into the releases for sale... I have a friend ( John in Va) that has a 3finger Truball release for sale for $40... I can vouch for John, he is a good guy and a honest seller!!! Check him out, it will be worth you time

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have a 4 finger Scott long horn. It is an older version but it still shoots like new. I went to a thumb release so i dont use it anymore. I would be willing to sell for around $40. Also, I am looking for a thread on here that i had found about using a BT release. If i find it i will send you the link.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
I have a 4 finger Scott long horn. It is an older version but it still shoots like new. I went to a thumb release so i dont use it anymore. I would be willing to sell for around $40. Also, I am looking for a thread on here that i had found about using a BT release. If i find it i will send you the link.
That's a pretty good price on a Scott Long Horn....
If your wanting a true back tension release cheap look around for some of the spike head releases..They are pure back tension releases and can be found pretty cheap. They DO NOT have a thumb trigger since they are pure back tension releases but they are pretty easy to learn as far as back tension releases go. TRU Ball makes a spkie head release and Carter makes the Atension & Colby with a spike head.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info everyone. Appreciate it alot

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I just started shooting back tension last week and I have a 3 finger Scott Longhorn and I absolutely love it! Very good feel and I have pretty large hands! Goodluck with it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts