Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in replacing the 50-60# Bear Wild I have now with a Bowtech Fuel. I need a 29" draw length, but looking for a more variable draw weight, maybe in the 30-40 range, with room to eventually increase. The Fuel gets much better reviews and ratings than the Infinite Edge, due to higher end design and components.

Is there anyone here in SE Michigan that could suggest an archery shop that carries it? I have had no luck through Google or whatever. The shop where I bought my Bear Wild doesn't carry anything from Bowtech.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestion. I did find one (relatively) local shop that carries them. I had looked at that list, but most of the references to Bowtech are for the Diamond line. Their Infinite Edge seems to be everywhere.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
MOR Archery in Shelby Township.
Call Scotty and he'll treat you right.
I don't think they stock them though, there is really no demand for them.

When you say draw weight variable, do you mean a 30 to 40 pound variable, or 30-40 pound actual draw weight?
I have to be honest, I personally am not a fan of the "one bow to do it all types", the Infinite Edge, Fuel, etc.

I think you should possibly buy used and get a bow cheaper to learn on and get comfortable with...then try to buy a new all in one bow.
For the price of a brand new Fuel you can get a 2-3 year old flagship bow that will easily outperform it.
You can even find a 2 or 3 year old Carbon Knight for what a new fuel retails for.

I was looking at a Infinite Edge Pro for my girl earlier this year. Went with a Carbon Rose instead. (Of course, added to the collection since then for her...lol)

I read elsewhere you're new to Archery...glad to have you aboard. Unless you're the kinda person that just has to have brand new (and I sometimes am) get a two or three year old bow to cut your teeth and learn.
You'll get way more bang for your buck...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
SunRy's archery in Fenton MI. Its a bit north of you but they carry all Bowtech models and they are the best shop I have ever been to. Every guy that works there is very good at what they do and very helpful with whatever you may need.

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,222 Posts
Schupbach's Sporting Goods in Jackson would be a good place to start. They carry ALOT of bows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts