Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm heading out to Wyoming for a DIY public land hunt for antelope. I usually hunt Nebraska, so i'd appreciate any info on where to go, or any public grasslands that you have had success on in the past. Also does anyone know how the seasons/licensing works out there? Like when does rifle season begin and are non-residents able to get a rifle tag, or is it strictly archery like Nebraska? Any info would help!

Thanks,
Garrett

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i looked at the regulations, they still don't have a firearm season outlined, they just say when the special archery hunts are and when regular archery begins, nothing about when firearm occurs, or if non residents are eligible, or if you have to buy two separate tags for firearm and archery or if a firearm tag would work for either.
Thanks,
Garrett

·
BIRD HUNTER
11,206 Posts
Ya i looked at the regulations, they still don't have a firearm season outlined, they just say when the special archery hunts are and when regular archery begins, nothing about when firearm occurs, or if non residents are eligible, or if you have to buy two separate tags for firearm and archery or if a firearm tag would work for either.
Thanks,
Garrett

depends on type of tag some are archery only, some can be used in both as long as you have a archery permit , numbers have been down the last few years, getting hard to get a public land tag without points. Wyoming regs are a little confusing, But i belive any tyoe 1 tag can be used for both, most units oct first is riffle, but then again each untit has it own season

if your thinking this year 95% of tags are sold out check it daily at not the ones with the red * have limited if any public access
http://wgfd.wyo.gov/QuotaAvailability/QuotaReport.aspx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anybody hunted in Zone 20 or Zone 102? Is there a decent amount of access to public land by chance? Any info you have is appreciated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.