Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I would like to thank Manboy Ronnie M. for showing us arround the countryside and teaching us the art of spot and stalking.

It was getting towards the end of our hunt, the previous day's weather had been windy with some t-storms and hunting was slow. The deer had to be up in full force the next day. After spotting a buck we put on a stalk to find the deer had vanished. Glassing some more we spotted a lone buck feeding in an old pond depression. The stalk was on, shoes came off and i slipped in on the buck feeding. After ranging several times to make sure of the distance I drew and let down and ranged again, waiting for the buck to look away while feeding I drew and settled my forty yard pin on him. With a crack the buck jumped into the air and ran, Watching in excitement the buck started running right to me, I jumped to my feet with bow in hand, I roared and raised my arms, before I was run over. The buck went another 50 yards before going down.

Equipment: Bowtech Destroyer 340 @ 70#, Easton FMJ 400, Grim reaper rasorcut 100 grain, Vapor Trail VTX string and cables, QAD Ultra Rest HD, Spot Hogg 5 Pin Hunter, Doinker 5" chubby stabilizer, Octane bantam Weight Quiver.

trying to get pictures to upload.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
would love to see the pics

·
Registered
11,797 Posts
How did your wife do?

Congrats on the buck.

·
Banned
690 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
hey Joe,
well Brendawas a trooper, shesat in the blind for 10 hours just towatch the goats get water at the other side of the pond.....goats were tough!!! Ian did get a few shots but we had some wind....and the shots we a little far.....glad he filled one of his tags.lol.....

·
Registered
11,797 Posts
Spending 10hrs in a blind is a long sit, way to stick it out Brenda.

You say the goats were tough!!!, I never found any to be that easy Ronnie.LOL

Hey bowguru, I know how it feels to make a long stalk and find nothing at the end. I think it happened more than a few times while our group was there. I'm glad to hear you had a good time and hope you get a chance to experience it again in the future.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pictures from our Wyoming Hunt

077 cropped 2.jpg 059 cropped 1.jpg 056 cropped 1.jpg 0901001152 wy 3.jpg

I would love to say a BIG Thank you to Ronnie for giving me one of the very best vacations ever. Hunting Antelope is sooo much fun and you can bet your booty this girl will be back to harvest one with a 80yrd pin :)

Hope these pictures come out decent if not I will try cropping them some more..

Pics:
1. Ian and his 4x4 Muley
2. Ian and Ronnie
3. The bowguru and thebowgurusgirl <3
4. Me in that horrid groundblind. I felt like Jack Nicholson in "The Shining".. I WILL NEVER HUNT PRONGHORN OUT OF A DARN GB AGAIN... Spot and stalk is a rush!

I would have to say that out of all 6 of us who hunted with Ronnie last week,,, I WAS THE BEST LOOKING one of the bunch.... :) HOT CHICKS DO HUNT!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didn't mind being in the groundblind too bad.... I can tell you " I HATE FREE RANGING COWS" and "RAIN" because both of those elements ruined G.Blind hunting for me... Ronnie and I did get a stalk on a few ante's though..... I have to laugh cause we got 25 yrds away from them and he told me to shoot...When I drew my bow and popped up,, they were gone :)

I am about a foot shorter than ronnie so when I popped up I couldn't even see them ...LMAO! I said "where are they" he said,,,"GONE"..HAHAHAHAHAH!.. We didn't give up and followed them to the top of the hill. Ronnie ranged 80yrds.. and said "SHOOT"... (without an 80yrd pin) lol,, I gave it a rip and my arrow landed about 20yrds too short).... HAHAHAHA-again..

I learned to very important things through that stalk- 1. I can draw my bow back under pressure without shaking or freaking out. 2. I can attempt to harvest an animal and not chicken out! Again,,, HOT CHICKS HUNT! LOL...

****Thank you for being there to guide me Ronnie,, aka (ROW-NIE as the Louisiana boys would say). You made this trip so much fun for me!

·
Registered
24 Posts
How did your wife do?

Congrats on the buck.
I LOVE THIS COMMENT...... "HOW DID YOUR WIFE DO?" LMAO... We are not married YET! Hopefully someday soon though :) He did tell me I passed the WILD WEST HUNTING TEST and told me I can come back anytime I want too :) (He better have cause i can tell you I will no longer sit home and let him come out here and hunt without me.)

Oh and the wife didn't get her goat,,,,,but she WILL BE BACK for one or two or three :)

·
Registered
11,797 Posts
Those are some great pics and the muley looks awsome.
I sat in a ground blind for 3 days and it did'nt seem to bad..... untill Ronnie took me out to do some stalking. I wont hunt out of a ground blind again unless I have to. Theres nothing like chasing those goats in the sage and cactus, I cant wait to do it again.

·
Registered
11,797 Posts
I LOVE THIS COMMENT...... "HOW DID YOUR WIFE DO?" LMAO... We are not married YET! Hopefully someday soon though :) He did tell me I passed the WILD WEST HUNTING TEST and told me I can come back anytime I want too :) (He better have cause i can tell you I will no longer sit home and let him come out here and hunt without me.)

Oh and the wife didn't get her goat,,,,,but she WILL BE BACK for one or two or three :)
Hope I did'nt start anything bowguru, but she does hunt. I sure wish my other 1/2 would hunt with me.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Congrats on the Mulie. Sorry to hear about the Cows-I had the same thing everyday in my blind. If the cows stay far enough away the goats come in but COWs n Goats didn't mix on my waterhole.
Again, congrats on a nice Buck...

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Fantastic stuff!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Illbucknut, dont worry you diddnt start anything, I get harassed all the time at the shop, lol
Illbucknut,,,, he is not kidding about his comment above either.. It's the guys that come in the shop and notice MY SIZE 4 RING FINGER IS not shining with a pretty WHITE GOLD DIAMOND RING... LOL... The guys always make a point to ask him something about the lack of a ring on my hand ...and I want to go hide behind the counter LOL... see how lucky you are Ian,,, "your other 1/2 even hunts with you"

·
Registered
11,797 Posts
I wish you 2 luck and may you have many more succesfull hunts together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts