Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to get my first set of Winners Choice strings, and my local shop does something similar to the X Coat process in house. Have any of y'all had the X Coat applied, where, and how does it work?

· Dragon Silk Strings
673 Posts
X Coat

I have had the X coat on Winners Choice before, and I didn't see where it made the wear any better, in fact the X coat starts to unravel and looks horrible, and it takes forever to unravel it to strip it off.

· Registered
6,474 Posts
I once bought a used bow with brand new WCs on it and was very disappointed with the X coat. It didn't take long for it to start looking shabby and it made the rest of the string look like a piece of junk. To be honest, I wasn't impressed with the string either and couldn't wait for a chance to get it off the bow and replace it with something else.

Automan

· Registered
769 Posts
I once bought a used bow with brand new WCs on it and was very disappointed with the X coat. It didn't take long for it to start looking shabby and it made the rest of the string look like a piece of junk. To be honest, I wasn't impressed with the string either and couldn't wait for a chance to get it off the bow and replace it with something else.

Automan
Yeah what he said!

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Not worth it at all. If you have a good cable slide you will not have problems with wear on the cables anyway. I shot my bow with x-coat on the buss cable and control cable on my hoyt and after about 800-1000 shots it started to come undone. It does absolutley nothing in the regard to protecting your cables from wear.

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, looks like a marketing gimmick.

· Registered
4,903 Posts
DON'T GET THE WEATHER TAMER ALSO ! Thats were my wear is coming from ! also I was in a shoot 2 weeks ago rain a lot I watched that thing bounce the whole way back on my cable rod! Going back to a hoyt slide ..

· Registered
1,796 Posts
DON'T GET THE WEATHER TAMER ALSO ! Thats were my wear is coming from ! also I was in a shoot 2 weeks ago rain a lot I watched that thing bounce the whole way back on my cable rod! Going back to a hoyt slide ..
You need to lube the cable guard rod periodically. I just bought a delrin weather tamer and it works great. It came with a little tube of lube.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.