Archery Talk Forum banner

x- force and Katera

1139 Views 27 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  J-Daddy
Has anyone had both a Hoyt Katera and an X-force. How do they stack up against each other as far as accuracy, I know the x-force is faster but the draw kills me and id have to shoot it at much lower poundage than my katera. So is the accuracy close on these two bows or is one alot better than the other. I love my Katera but cant get over the speed of the x-force. Any input would be great. Thanks
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
3,588 Posts
Katera

Bet your Katera is NOT that much slower than an x-force. Get the draw length and poundage the same and shoot em through a chrono...you might be surprised:teeth:

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at one time my katera was shooting 28 in 66lbs with a 360 gr arrow 300 fps, you would think the x-force should be around 320 right? given the ibo? I have since backed it off and am still shooting the same arrow probably around 290 or so

· Registered
2,486 Posts
I would stay with the katera. I just got one on saturday and shot it against every bow i could. From the reezen to GT500 and the x-force bows. They even had a Monster there. The katera was the only one that got true IBO and it was a litlle slower then the x-forces but not much and it had a lot less noise and was also more accurate for me. It was even faster the the Reezen.

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great thoughts, I like the speed but right now am more concerned with the accuracy, someone have any real experience with shooting both more than a few times?

· Registered
2,847 Posts
The Katera is the most accurate bow I have ever shot at long range. And I have owned several Hoyt Vectrix's, a Hoyt ProTec, and a Mathews Outback - as well as test fired maybe a hundred high end bows. The X Force is, in real world terms, maybe 10 fps faster. But the draw cycle is not as smooth and it is a more difficult bow, at least for me, to shoot consistently.

This choice is not even close. I wouldn't trade two new X Forces for a Katera.

· Registered
2,713 Posts
I have shot an x force 6 and just this afternoon I shot the alphamax 32 both were at 62 lbs. If you offered me a choice between the two it would be tough one. I really liked the looks of the hoyt better and the x force was a little faster. Draw would be a toss up. I think I would also give a slight edge to am on the grip. I have not shot the katera unfortunately but if Im not mistaken it's a little on the heavy side right? not sure if I could live with that or not. hope that is of some use though I doubt it.

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is going to be hard to find a smoother drawing bow than one with the z3 cams. I love that cam design! I wish the alpha max had the z3 or else this conversation wouldnt be happening lol. yes the katera is heavy but to me that makes no difference i dont walk that far and treestand hunt almost exclusively

· Registered
2,809 Posts
it is going to be hard to find a smoother drawing bow than one with the z3 cams. I love that cam design! I wish the alpha max had the z3 or else this conversation wouldnt be happening lol. yes the katera is heavy but to me that makes no difference i dont walk that far and treestand hunt almost exclusively

I understand you can order the AM with the Z3 cam. There is a thread on here. I read it in the last couple of days.

· Registered
6,815 Posts
both good bows but the katera is a way better bow, more accurate and forgiving than the x-force and if it is slower it wouldn't be by that much that you would notice it!...not to mention hoyt's are nearly indestructable!

· Registered
774 Posts
I owned both .
The Katera is a good bow , but it is not quieter or nearly as fast as the X Force . My X force was at 27.5 inch draw setting and it was a half inch long so it was about 28 inch draw . My Katera was a 28 inch draw . I traded Beetleguy for it . I changed the cams from 29 to 28 and had it tuned perfectly . The X Force was 19 FPS. faster . It shot a 350 grain arrow at 330 , the Katera shot 311 . They were both dead on according to advertised speed claims .
Accuracy is all about the person shooting each bow . I personally shot better with my X Force at distances over 50 yards . It just felt better in my hand . :smile: Dave

· Registered
2,713 Posts
In the field it dose not bother me. It's actually when I'm target shooting. My drawing arm never seams to get tired it's always my arm that's holding the bow. Once a little fatigue set's in I have a harder time holding the bow steady on target. However It's just a personal preference and most of my buddies give me crap about it! If weight is not an issue stick with it.:thumbs_up

· Registered
3,425 Posts
i would

i would find a vulcan imo if you shoot the katera and vulcan SBS you wont notice a thing diff and you can pick one up for alot cheaper

i have owned both and my vulcan out shoot it

· Registered
769 Posts
I have had three kateras over the last year. My best friend has a x force and i shoot it alot. the x force is a nice bow. I dont have any issues with it at all. But with that being said i was always a good shooter but the katera has made me a great shooter. Dont worry about the 5 inch brace height at all. The katera will be the most accurate shooting bow you have ever owned.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.