Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im kinda new at archery and i have a 09 x force gx treestand and i want to adjust the draw weight , how do i know how many turns ? which way ? how do you know when its maxed out ? any advice ?

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
The distance from the riser to the limb pocket should be 3/16" to be "maxed out". From there you can easily back the limb bolt out 4 full turns which would drop the DW by about 8 pounds.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
What he said, and whatever you do, turn BOTH limb bolts in and or out the same amount!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks , on my cams i noticed there are alignment marks that align the cam with the cable if i adjust the draw weight is it suspose to throw them off ?

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
The tuning marks are for reference only, and no adjusting the DW wont affect the timing of your cams. But be sure to turn each limb bolt the same amount or your bow's tiller will be off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help , i have one more question i had my local pse dealer install a vibracheck hush kit and i noticed that the rubber part that went in the limb pocket was about 1/8" thicker than the rubber part that came from the factory will that effect the 3/16 gap you refered to when its maxed out ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts