Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
632 Posts
It is normal most of the time, all you have to do is back out the limbs to get it dead on 70 if you want it there. Just check to make sure that the tiller is correct. Most X-Forces will max out about 4 pounds heaver. Before everyone say that how they get their speeds, don't go there, the speeds are taken at the correct poundage. Just putting that out becuase I know how people on AT are always bashing bow companies.

· Registered
483 Posts
Make sure you are not over tightening the limb bolts. The limb pockets are to be 3/8 of an inch from the riser at their maxed out position. I would check this first because this is about 2 full turns of you have the little rubber washer smashed down.

· Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Make sure you are not over tightening the limb bolts. The limb pockets are to be 3/8 of an inch from the riser at their maxed out position. I would check this first because this is about 2 full turns of you have the little rubber washer smashed down.
good info there... no the rubber washer is not smashed down. Ill check for sure when I get home.

· Registered
2,225 Posts
If its on the + peg thats why you will gain some lbs on it and you will lose lbs on the - peg
exactly right, when you go to the plus or minus peg you will gain or loose about 3 lbs. if the bow was shipped to you at 72 or 73 and yo ulong posted it then expect 75-76 lbs without backing limb bolts off.

if the cams were timed up good without changing anything then you should have been able to just + post the string and go set the bow up.

sounds right if you have backed off one turn and have the long post utilized to be at 73 lbs.

the extra Brace height is a combination of the longer string as well as backing the limbs out 1 turn. when you long posted the string you allowed the ATA to grow a little and since the limbs are slightly beyond parallel before drawing the bow when the string is lengthened a little they will move closer to parallel and the axle moves a little bit away from the handle. also when you let the limb off with the X force's target like limb pocket angle it will allow the limb tips to move back as well.

sounds like everything is lining up with your bow, if you back your limb bolts out a little more you may need to add some twists to the string to get the draw length shortened back up a little bit (from the increase in brace height and maintaining the same powerstroke).

good luck,
jkeiffer

· Breathn
13,012 Posts
ttt

most 09s I have setup including my own jumped 4-5pds when going to the plus peg..My 09 Gx7 is on the plus peg and maxed out at 71pds on neutral peg and now on + peg is maxed out at 76pds...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.