Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if you have had any problems with them?if so what ?i like the x-force & the ss

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Have had great experiences with my X-force thus far.... But was blown away when i got to shoot that little kids bow they call the SS!!:eek::darkbeer:

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
none what so ever with my X 6, shooting great with it and couldnt be happier, just wish I had an SS to go along with it, but I need to get a kill on my 6 so I hope that I can get a dumb turkey in front of me in a couple of weeks.

The only bad luck that I have heard about them is what the competition are saying when Chance and Nathan show up with one:)

good luck,
jkeiffer

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here is a question for you X-Force shooters: What speed would you guess a guy would get with an X-Force @ 27.5", and maxed at 60 lbs. The only arrows I have now are gold tip 55/75 that I was shooting out of a 70 lb. bow. I believe that they are about 385 grains. So what kind of speed might I get w/these arrows AND would I be able to reduce the weight/size of my arrows if I switched to a 60 lb. max? Thanks

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I'm guessing you would be right around 285fps with a 385gr arrow. I also believe you could go down to as light as 300grs at 60#s which would put the speed up to around 305fps.
I love both my X Force 6 and my Dream Season.
DFA

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Here is a question for you X-Force shooters: What speed would you guess a guy would get with an X-Force @ 27.5", and maxed at 60 lbs. The only arrows I have now are gold tip 55/75 that I was shooting out of a 70 lb. bow. I believe that they are about 385 grains. So what kind of speed might I get w/these arrows AND would I be able to reduce the weight/size of my arrows if I switched to a 60 lb. max? Thanks
according to the speed charts on PSE you woul dprobably be around 285 or so....

i would look into some Gt ultra lights....i shot the UL400 at 28.75" long with 100 gr & 4" feathers and they weighed in 340 gr.

you could probably go 1 size down and get great speed.....are you looking for hunting or 3d arrows?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Love my x6 so far..I agree about 285. But I wouldn't go any lighter of an arrow, it's fast enough at that weight keep the KE.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have not had a single problem with either my X-6 that I traded for my X-Force SS. I love the SS, there's not a bow out there I'd rather shoot. I've shot them all, and this bow stands above the rest!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Love my XForces, no problems to date. My 60# @ a 28" draw shooting a 315grn arrow is spitting them out at 320 fps. My Dream Season is set at 70# @ a 28" draw, shooting a 368 grn arrow at 310 fps.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,985 Posts
its the real deal

the x-force 6 is the real deal. this coming from an owner of a switchback,82nd airborne,legacy. this x-force is under rated for what it can and will do when set up and tuned up right. frankly,,,the x-6 is a MONSTER......

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
X-F and a X-F7 in my family,and both have been nothing but a pleasure to own and shoot.
EXCEPT for the strings.They are not bad on my sons bow at 45lbs.,but on mine at 60lbs. i have had to go back to a tube type peep until I can get a new set.So add 60 bucks to the cost of the bow new to get a true price.:rolleyes:
Anyways it would not stop me from buying another one,I am that pleased with the bow.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks everyone ,keep them comming espicially about the ss.is their a difference between shooting the dream season & the x-force 6 is the forgivness that noticebly. i shot the originally x-force last fall & shot the ss about a month ago .i loved it but dealers are telling people its to hard to shoot

·
Registered
345 Posts
speed

I have a X-force. It is 27'' draw I just shot it Tuesday night and it was set at 63lbs with a 400gr arrow and it shot 278fps. I had a friend that shot his at 60lbs with the same arrow at 29'' and it shot 296fps. Our friend was asking us the same question so he shot his bow at 72lbs 29'' and the same arrow and it shot 286fps. He was shocked to say the least. I will not name the bow because I don't want to start a bashing war.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have the X-6. The only comlaint is I wish I would have went with 60lb limbs to begin with, would have saved me some green. 70 Is way more than I want to hunt with, I'm leaning toward 55lb or so.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
The best bow I have ever shot!
I couldn't agree more. B4 I bought my Dream Season, I did quite a bit of checking around because I'd heard that there was a lot of "problems" with the X-Forces. Turns out that virtually all the "problems" anybody was experiencing were coming from people improperly pressiing the bow and damaging the limbs. This was quite a problem in the early days of the X-Force. Once people became aware thet they need to be pressed properly, I've seen the "problems" pretty much disappear. I'm sure they're no different from all the other brands: a problem here and there. On the whole, I think you'll find most X-Force owners are VERY satisfied. I like mine so much I ordered an X7 Target version also. Should be here soon. Can't wait! Get yourself one. Or two. You won't regret it.

Dawg

·
Registered
142 Posts
X-force SS

I have the SS and love it it is one awesome little bow. I'm shooting 60 lbs. 28 dl, CX 250 345grns. 300fps on the nose. Everytime I go to shoot it at a local range some wisea_ _ always says I see your shooting a kids bow until that first arrow flies then they all shut up and take note. I know one of the other owners of the X-6 his bow at 83 dw, 30 dl, tuned by Jon Schaffer @ schaffer archery is getting 387fps chroned no bull. you will not be disappointed in the X-Force whichever model you buy they are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts