Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Stuff is great. I have sweaty feet, and can (if I have to) gor 3 days with the same pair of socks, and they smell great. The tops and pants are very confortable as well. Does it trick a deers nose? Its does human, but the stuff is great to wear. Cool when its hot, warm when its cold. Affordable too.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I love thats stuff:darkbeer:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Works Great

I own a bunch of their clothes. I love their base layers. Also have sock liners, socks with X-static by another company. I've also started using the silver spray to de-scent everything.

MATLX - BTW, welcome to AT. I used to live in Hartselle, just outside of town on a small farm. I sure do miss that great pork BBQ and beans from the BBQ stand on the way out of town towards Decatur. It was by far the best BBQ I've ever had, anywhere!

·
Registered
196 Posts
X-Scent

I used the base layer pants and shirt last bow season. It worked great. I also used baking soda in the bag I stored my hunting clothes in. Doing this and hunting out of a 16' tripod worked very well for me. For my money, X-Scent is the way to go!!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
i will start off by saying that i do not own any of their products, but when i looked into them, i held them up and i could see light through them pretty easily. i didn't think if i could look through it, that air and smell would stay trapped.

·
Registered
196 Posts
X-Scent

The silver fibers are not "trapping" the bacteria that lives on your skin, they are killing them. Silver is a great bactericide. The bacteria on your skin is what will alert deer to your presence most often. Baking Soda will absorb other odors to a large degree.

Silver killing bacteria is nothing new. It has been used in hospitals to help reduce infections in burn victims. The old saying "Born with a silver spoon in his mouth" refers to parents giving their children medicine with a silver spoon so not to spread germs to their other children. Most likely only well to do parents could afford a silver spoon.

Trust me, the stuff works!!

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I've have X-Scent Base layer, (Cabela's has MTP Hunt Series Silk Weight stuff that is about $25 a piece), top and bottom, and it's good stuff. It is lined with Antimicrobial Silver Fibers which help eliminate the odor emitted from your body. I have nothing but good things to say about this stuff, and will likely never use anything else. That being said, I wash all my clothes, hunting clothes and regular clothes in ALL: Free & Clear Detergent, and use a scent free fabric softener. I also am very particular about keeping my boots scent-free or suppressed, and wear a thin neck gaiter over my mouth and nose to contain my respiratory tract scent that may be emitted. I cannot remember being "winded" in the last 3 yrs, and have had a few hundred deer within bow range during that period of time, including a few dandy bucks, only one of which I was able to close the deal on, but I do get close to them. I think beyond just having scent suppression clothing, you need to have a "Scent Suppression Discipline." X-Scent helps me with that.

·
Registered
384 Posts
X-scent

i've used their product last year hunting and this year it is in my game clothes bag also. i do believe they work. i know the deer can not smell me. i use x-scent under garmets and scent lok outer garments along with dead down wind, and or stealth dust. no stinky anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts