Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions for you?

1. I have an 04 hoyt x-tec owned since new, can someone tell me if they could compare an x-tec too a new bow like maxxis or alpha?

I know what your going too say and that is go shoot a new bow at your local archery shop. Which leads me too I am looking for a new shop in the area of toledo ohio.

2. Can you recommend an archery shop in the toledo ohio area. I had the one I used go under, and I have tried a few but to tell you the truth their knowledge was not impressive to say the least. thanks

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I owned at 04 xtec... I really missed that bow.

I sold it cheap and have owned many bows since then much newer but none I could shoot as well as the xtec. I felt like I couldn't miss with that bow.

What are you looking for in a new bow? The newer ones will be faster but I can vouch that there are very few as smooth and sweet shooting as the xtec.

I really miss that bow :sad:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any thought on shops in northwest ohio? I know more people had too have shot the x-tec and moved on too newwer bows?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm shooting an 05 vtec, same bow with different cosmetics. I'll finish out the season with the vtec but a new alphaburner will be on the way shortly. I still love the vtec but the alphaburner just felt like a huge improvement all around and was a heck of a lot faster.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
I have an '05 Vtec... I sold my Switchback XT and my '07 Ally and continue to hunt with the Vtec if that tells ya anything:darkbeer:

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have an 04 hoyt xtec that i use as a hunting/target bow and let me tell you that you would be hard pressed to find a better bow in either catagory. i love it.:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::tongue:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Cleland's off airport highway in Swanton. At least I think it's Swanton. Look em up for their address, but they are a great shop. Used to go there a lot when I was in school at BG.

CG

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I owned at 04 xtec... I really missed that bow.

I sold it cheap and have owned many bows since then much newer but none I could shoot as well as the xtec. I felt like I couldn't miss with that bow.

What are you looking for in a new bow? The newer ones will be faster but I can vouch that there are very few as smooth and sweet shooting as the xtec.

I really miss that bow :sad:
Good Grief.. this is my same feeling about the darn X-tec... I thought I was upgrading to the Trykon XL and boy was I wrong.. I could flat out shoot the X!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts