·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shooting a Hoyt Ultra Elite.

Its set at 58 pounds

29.0" DL
Cam .5

I currently shoot Navigators 430s out of it.

What X10 Protour spine should I get???

I'm thinking 420s?? Start with them a little long?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I currently shoot the 420s.I like them.100 gr heads at 55lbs 28in arrow length.I shoot them out of a Contender Elite with spirals.187 flex fletch vanes and g-pin nocks.I would think they should work well for you

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I currently shoot the 420s.I like them.100 gr heads at 55lbs 28in arrow length.I shoot them out of a Contender Elite with spirals.187 flex fletch vanes and g-pin nocks.I would think they should work well for you
Cool.

How is the FOC on your setup?

Any other opinions?

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Actually I dont worry much about FOC,I just set it on my finger forward of center to get balance and if it looks reasonable I paper it and tune,then sight them in.In all my 28 yrs in archery not once have I ever calculated FOC.I couldnt tell you the percentage if my life depended on it.LOL

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Justin I don't shoot X10s as you know.....but I do know a good # of people shooting them :wink:

If I were setting up the arrows for ME at your specs I would go with a 420....and use 120 grain points. I can't think of many people shooting those with good results and NOT using 120 grain points.

OT2 shows a darn near perfect match at 27.5-28" with 120s....the FOC will be in the 13.5-75% range depending on your length in the end.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Justin I don't shoot X10s as you know.....but I do know a good # of people shooting them :wink:

If I were setting up the arrows for ME at your specs I would go with a 420....and use 120 grain points. I can't think of many people shooting those with good results and NOT using 120 grain points.

OT2 shows a darn near perfect match at 27.5-28" with 120s....the FOC will be in the 13.5-75% range depending on your length in the end.
Sweeeet.

Thats what I needed to know!

Thanks man!

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
No problem buddy :darkbeer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts