Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's little secret to getting their nocks to be able to turn? Most of mine are REALLY tight. I pulled one nock out and tried some dip tube lube. It worked well, but kind of messy. Thanks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Fogg Dogg

Just use a little bowstring wax on your nock before inserting into the swage end, works great!! And the nocks will be just as tight...;)

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Fogg Dogg.

I use the Beiter Hunters and they're about perfect. Almost turn too easy in carbons. Work well in the new cobalts.

The wax trick really works too if using the Eastons.

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Does the wax stay plyable, or does it set up and act like concrete after time? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
This little trick works great!!! Super nocks, g nocks or whatever, it helps to install them without worries of bending, and you can hand adjust rotation. I have some shafts/nocks that are two years old with this treatment and the wax is still the same as new!
Sean

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again guys. Sounds like that's the newest step in building my arrows. ;)

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
big boy

Hey Foggy Doggy...your a big old boy....just turn them puppies the way you want them....lol:D ;) :D

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
'Mama,

I tried "horsing" it, but just snapped the shaft in half. ;) :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you are a slot car racer, you would use the best synthetic ball bearing oil to get those nocks in. But now that you mention it, string wax makes more sense............Dave;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts