Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the hawk xb1 I think. Anyways it's nice but thinking I may want to upgrade soon. Can anyone recommend me a great scope for hunting?

·
Regohio
17,987 Posts
HAWKE XB 30 PRO

VORTEX XBR (Hard to find…tricky to adjust)

Zeiss XB 75 (Hard to find great optics)

Only one still in Production is the Hawke

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
Have the hawk xb1 I think. Anyways it's nice but thinking I may want to upgrade soon. Can anyone recommend me a great scope for hunting?
Hawke has a new one XB 30 Compact

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
The Trophy Ridge XV530IR is a close clone of the Hawke XB30 and it's $109.00 shipped from Focus Camera. It's a nice upgrade from the XB1 and you can't beat that price.

·
Bringer of truth
14,940 Posts
XV530IR....prob the best up grade for the money.

·
Registered
21,719 Posts
I shoot way more practicing than hunting. Last year i shot my bows once hunting year before i shot 3 times the rest of the time i just let them down. So i want a sighting system that gives me as close as i can get to both. Liking my cake and icing in the same plate lol. For me its either a vortex XBR no longer made. Or a rifle scope on a optimizer. Both give me choices i can turn the power down or up on the scope and dial in the yardage. For more precise arrow placement. I choose the XBR because not only does it give me the dial it power freedom but also gives me aiming points from 20 to 60 yds using it like a standard crossbow scope. Now ill add using a shotgun scope 2x8 heavy crosshairs on a optimizer was my choice before i found the XBR ( on clearance ). You can use the power ring and get 30.40.50 or 20,30,40 yds. Using the points of the duplex crosshairs with the center crosshair being either 30 or 40 yds.

Best of luck finding a system that best fits you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts