Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,079 Posts
Here we go again....:cry:
If you want to keep crossbows out of archery season, call or write your sentors and reps ASAP

· Registered
2,862 Posts
My neighbor shoots a xbow b/c of his shoulder and they are not as efficient as a regular bow, only upside you don't have to draw on the deer. They are a pain in the butt all around and they drop like crazy out past 25 yds. I really don't understand why people think it like gun hunting, it is defintely more of a hassle and not as efficient as a compound. But I guess if they pass this then all the gun hunters will go get a xbow b/c they think it's like a gun then they will be trying to shoot 80 yds on a deer and we will have wounded all over. Thats the only downside I see.

· Registered
205 Posts
It became legal this year in Louisiana to use them for everyone. It was for disabled and elderly before. I am kinda torn. If it gets more people into hunting I am for it as we shrink in numbers every year. But, I wish they would not allow them for the whole bow season.

· Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A couple of OPINIONS (I am not xpert on xbows) on this

1. It may not mean nothing even if it does pass. Ohio has xbows and they don't seem to have a million archers and I'm thinking the same in PA. Who wants to go out and buy another $200-1000+ piece of equipment.

2. Will they limit drawing mechanisms. I see you can buy xbows with mechanized drawing devices attached to the bow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.