Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are very few bows that I would consider lifetime bows, but the new 2018 Xpedition Xcursion 6 single cam is one of those bows.
The Xcursion 6S does not have new innovation in bow design, but refined the single cam system into a higher performing cam while retaining speed with higher weight arrows. The single cam became well known in the late 80’s all the way thru the 90’s with the Mathews bows and especially in the Switchback series. The single cam became popular for its smooth draw cycle and ease of tuning. The Xcursion single cams in both the 6”and 7” brace have taken the single cams to a new level with ever changing technology. The known smooth draw cycle, new shape and size of the cam coupled with the vibration dampening Xcursion riser make for a very controllable and vibration free draw and shot cycle.
For those who have shot the hybrid cam’d Xpeditions are familiar with a draw cycle that has more felt weight loss on the front side of the draw. That is where the crazy speeds come from. The single cams have a much easier draw on the front side while maintaining very good speed. One thing that has amazed me is the speed retention that the bow holds with heavier arrows. The cam system is very efficient and holds IBO based speeds with all ranges of arrow weight. Many single cam bows in the past would lose speed to IBO as your arrow weight went up. Not the Xcursion 6. Another great feature of the 6S is how well the bow balances and hold on target. I would not hesitate to shoot 3d or spot tournaments with this bow. It holds on target that well.
As you can tell I’m a fan of this bow. I encourage you to seek out an Xpediton dealer and shoot one for yourself. I hope you will are glad you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can a 17' 6" XCursion be converted, or is an entirely new bow?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can a 17' 6" XCursion be converted, or is an entirely new bow?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yes it can. You will need to change out the cams and strings. You will lose 5# of draw weight going from the hybrid cams to the single.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Everything Hop says is spot on with this bow - It is scary accurate because of the balance and how it holds on the shot - It is one of those bows that you can't put down once you start shooting it

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
We are like BASF.......we don't make single cams.....we make single cams better.
I am a hybrid guy......but the XP-1 is just a ridiculously accurate cam system.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Well, that's just great... And to think I was done buying bows for a while, and then Hoppy puts this thread out...Lol.... Sounds like a shooter

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I have both the xplorer SS and the X6S - I am able to shoot 5lbs more bow weight with the X6S because of the super smooth draw cycle - I will be 69 tomorrow and Xpedition has managed to build a couple of bows so us old farts can stay in the game - my SS is 55lbs and my X6S is 60lbs. - both pack a major punch at that draw weight with heavy arrows

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I have both the xplorer SS and the X6S - I am able to shoot 5lbs more bow weight with the X6S because of the super smooth draw cycle - I will be 69 tomorrow and Xpedition has managed to build a couple of bows so us old farts can stay in the game - my SS is 55lbs and my X6S is 60lbs. - both pack a major punch at that draw weight with heavy arrows
Happy Birthday a day early !! Glad your still shooting @ 69 !

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I've been looking at Xpeditions, and was leaning towards a used Xception. Now you got me thinking twice!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
How much of an improvement are the solo cam Xcursions vs the Xceptions? Same cam, just Xcursion vs Xcentric riser? I have a 7" Xception and like it a lot. Just curious what the guys who have shot both have to say.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Wish the ATA was a little longer. I may stop in when I pick my daughters mount up and shoot one.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
How much of an improvement are the solo cam Xcursions vs the Xceptions? Same cam, just Xcursion vs Xcentric riser? I have a 7" Xception and like it a lot. Just curious what the guys who have shot both have to say.
The Xcursion riser is better at managing vibration....it is also a little stiffer....is it huge....no....but the riser design actually has a greater effect on the single than the hybrid as far as felt shot reaction from personal experience and the feedback from others.

·
Registered
970 Posts
The Xcursion riser is better at managing vibration....it is also a little stiffer....is it huge....no....but the riser design actually has a greater effect on the single than the hybrid as far as felt shot reaction from personal experience and the feedback from others.
I would have to agree with you blake I had the xcursion 7 and while it was an awesome bow the single cam is more quiet and less shock for sure. I am truly amazed with the way it feels

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for the information. That 6" solo Xcursion would be a great one to look at for anyone in the market for a phenomenal hunting rig. I enjoy my Xception a lot and that one would be even better.

·
Registered
18,487 Posts
Maybe one for me to consider for 2018!

·
Registered
653 Posts
I really want one of these. No dealers in my area tho, is there any dealers on AT that can help me out?

·
Certified Flatlander
2,737 Posts
I can get you into an exception possibly. 2017 hold over. PM if interested.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts