Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got new Strings for my xcursion 6 from catfish customs. First time tuning my own bow from bare bow so I'm a rookie but gotta start somewhere. Anyways here's my specs I'm at as of now:
Ata: 32 and a hair over 3/
brace: 5 7/8
Tuning reference holes are both about 1 1/16

I have the xs cam and shooting the #7 mods so 27" draw length. Where would I go from here to get my brace and the tuning reference holes where they need to be?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did you look at the manual to see where your specs need to be with your modules? It is all different slightly based on your setup. Start with the manual. Online if you don’t have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes,
ata is 32 3/8" +/- 1/4
Brace 6"
Tuning reference holes 7/8
Have my bottom draw stop at 6 1/2

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Building my draw board within the next couple days so not able to yet. Was hoping to be able to atleast get those specs done without it

·
Registered
905 Posts
Building my draw board within the next couple days so not able to yet. Was hoping to be able to atleast get those specs done without it
I woul just wait till you draw board is ready. Draw lenght and poundage will tell you a lot more than ATA an brace.

It will also be a lot easier to perfectly sync and time your draw stop on the top cam.

Right now probably your poundage is a bit low and draw lenght maybe a tad short depending how the top cam is synched.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the manual. My first post was what I'm at the second had what the manual has as the specs. I understand that I was asking how to get to those numbers exactly.

I'll wait til I get the draw board and post back with what draw length and poundage are reading. Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
It is hard to say but based on what you posted, your string is twisted up too much or short. I bet your draw is short resulting in a short ATA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts