Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
Xlr8

Looks pretty basic to me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess. I like the fact that they are using a barrel nut similar to Martin in which the limb bolt screws into, rather than just screwing it into the riser itself. I would expect to see a similar number of stories in which someone dry-fires this bow as they're letting down, considering it has the same cams as the Monster, with even less brace height and even more prone to hand torque. It's pretty fast.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
The cams look different to me. Cant wait to see the speeds it produces. Good looking bow IMO. Its not for everyone for sure. I wonder if I could get 300fps out of it at 25.5"DL. I dont think I will be selling my XF gx 6 to get one.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Now I get it,the pic is up on the website.I just built a string and cable set for a customer that has a standard Monster and got to shoot the new set in before doing the final tune on it.It was a lot better than I thought it would be,fairly smooth draw cycle with a good wall and very minimal vibration on the shot,shooting AN IBO spec arrow.speed was also right up to spec.very nice bow overall.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Not up on Mathews website. Says "Coming Soon". I'm gonna call Unsolved Mysteries and see where this guy found it. :confused:

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Not up on Mathews website. Says "Coming Soon". I'm gonna call Unsolved Mysteries and see where this guy found it. :confused:
i just checked it. Its there for me.

·
Registered
915 Posts
It's there all right. New picture, and the cam does look slightly different.
+1 the cam looks different and the Mathews dead end STS is standard i think as it shows on the XLR8 and not on the regular monster :thumbs_up ......
great lookink bow :tongue:

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
First year with the dual cams and they "Raised the Bar". Notice how at the bottom of the page they say it's not the cam and a half.......They just have to get that Hoyt Digger in there don't they ???

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
...gonna be smokin' FAST.

..I reviewed the other Monster 2 weeks ago.

...I shot an 82nd Airborne for 2 years at #66 with a 6 & 1/8" BH...

...my shoulder is OK....for now...

waiting on the Air Raid.....I truly believe that an easier drawing bow will be more conducive to the overall health of my rotator cuff mechanism!!!

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Looks like they changed the roller guard quite a bit.
They had to change it! Shooooorrttttt Brace height makes for a short roller guard... Looks like they copied the BowTurbow Version :teeth:

·
Registered
915 Posts
First year with the dual cams and they "Raised the Bar". Notice how at the bottom of the page they say it's not the cam and a half.......They just have to get that Hoyt Digger in there don't they ???
I think the AVS system " raise the bar " , a pretty cool idea IMO and designing a dual-cam bow is not rocket-science nowadays with computer and CAO design software , you don't have to wait for many years of experience for the R&D team .....and Matt Mc Pherson is not a complete newbie in this excercise :darkbeer:
Cam1/2 looks like dual-cams but they work more like a single-cam , i think hoyt designed them to look like dual-cams only for aesthetics ( symetry )

·
Registered
491 Posts
Looks like a PSE X-Force to me.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Would it surprise you if next year they came out with a upgrade version of the monster called PSE ??? Pull-Shoot-Explode.....:rolleyes:

·
Philippians 4:6-7
2,316 Posts
I love Mathews, but I was expecting more from Matt on the XLR8. Glad I went with Hoyt this year.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts