Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a good hang on stand and have narrowed it down to the maximus or the Alpha 2. I can buy the maximus for $215 or the Alpha 2 for $206. Would like opinions from owners of both stands. I am 6'4" tall and weigh 225 so I'm not really concerned about the weight limit. I like the bigger platform on the maximus but am not sure if the maximus cutout will be able to hold my bow. The Alpha 2 has the 'finger' that can fit into the cam (or so they say). I shoot a Hoyt Carbon Matrix so I'm not sure if it will work in either stand cutout. I like that the Alpha 2 is made in the USA. I know there are less expensive stands out there but my reason for buying the cast aluminum is because I don't want to ever have a situation where the buck of a lifetime is coming in and I make a move on a stand and have it pop or squeak......I'd rather spend a few more dollars and have a peace of mind of not worrying about that. So, any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

·
Team #9
8,598 Posts
XOP Maximus is my favorite stand, I-beam is more quiet , batwing is better ,platform is bigger i think...I paid $240 or $250 for
mine....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I really like my Alpha II. However, my carbon matrix did not fit in the bow holder. It is solid and quiet. I personally will not buy a foreign, blatant copy of a US made product.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
XOP, I like a bigger platform.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts