Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys ai love the speed and power of my xpedition but let's face it I'm not getting any younger. Are elite bows a lot easier to draw and hold?? Anything elite has that would make them worth selling my xpedition for?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I had a Synergy and I have an Xception that was smoother than the elite. Any of the Xpeditions with the round wheel option will be smoother than the two cams but I dont know if you can find one for under 500, I would check with Hoppy to see what he has available that will work for you. My 2015 Prime Rival is very smooth also and you should be able to find one of them in your price range. I also am getting no younger so none of my bows are over 50 dw. My 2015 X7 at 50 is smooth with a little hump at the end and is my hunting bow, I would try to find a 2016 X7, they smoothed out the hump at the end a little bit.

Lucky

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
First thing I would do is drop poundage, shoot the weight that is comfortable. Todays bows have enough energy to hunt whitetails, turkeys, hogs, etc. at 50#.
Many smooth bows out there right now, but you won't find any "easier" then the PSE Evolve series.
Good luck.

·
Vendor
6,898 Posts
If you want smooth as butter try an xpedition solo cam. The xception is an excellent choice. Or like stated above shoot 10lbs less. You will still have more than enough KE to blow through anything. I think my Denali is 15fps faster than my k34 at the same lb and ibo.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
What XPedition do you have? The Energy 35 is a very smooth drawing bow, but I wouldn't give either of my XPeditions away to keep my Energy 35. My XPedition Perfexion rivals the Energy 35 in smoothness.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My Energy 35 is light years easier to draw and hold than anything I've ever owned, but I'm also only shooting 54# now instead of 60-70. The critters don't notice the poundage change but my arms and shoulders do!

·
Registered
25,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now I have the xcursion. Draws not bad but stiff. I still love the bow but shot a buddies gt500 and wow it was smooth. But I do like my speed too

·
Registered
25,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of guys shooting 50# no issues killing deer at 40 yds with that poundage?? This is my fear and I don't shoot that far too often but ai do shoot mechanicals

·
Sultan of Smack
5,620 Posts
Give the new Xcursion single cam a try. I've had one for a couple months now. Super smooth draw and plenty of speed. There isn't an Elite out there that I would trade it for.

SCFox

·
Registered
657 Posts
A lot of guys shooting 50# no issues killing deer at 40 yds with that poundage?? This is my fear and I don't shoot that far too often but ai do shoot mechanicals
I'm at a 30" draw so I'm getting every ounce of energy out of that 50 pounder. I haven't needed to shoot past 30 yards with it but I bet I could no problem.

·
Registered
25,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can shoot 70# and draw it really no problem but the bow is stiff draw and there are days I won't lie I think to myself why am I shooting 70# but I do like the power it has

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
I used to shoot 70 pounds, Had shoulder surgeries, etc. I would suggest you get rid of the mechanicals and get strong COC fixed very sharp broad heads. Move to a shinny shaft. I like the .204" diameter shafts with a total weight of @500 grains. Lighten up the rear of the arrow with 3" feathers (no wraps or tail lights) and use the Ethics half out stainless adjustable weights and a heavy broad head for high FOC, this will maximize penetration so that you can turn the poundage down a bit. If you go to a smoother draw bow it will be slower, so there is really nothing to gain vs turning down a faster bow. One way or another the energy stored in the limbs has to come from you. What would be advantageous would shooting the most accurate bow you can. Lots of great bows out there. I would suggest you give the Prime bows a test, they are very accurate hold well especially the Centergy line. The Rise has a smooth cam. They are very easy to tune so your new fixed broad heads will fly well! Just my opinion, but been there and done that!

·
Vendor
6,898 Posts
I would try a 60lb version out at the very least. Personally I think the feel is very different in the 60 and 70lb limbs....and I am not talking feels 10lbs lighter but "feels" like 15-20lbs.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
I can shoot 70# and draw it really no problem but the bow is stiff draw and there are days I won't lie I think to myself why am I shooting 70# but I do like the power it has
Use to have the same opinion. I could draw about any bow you gave me.

BUT.........

After a total shoulder replacement last year. I'm drawing 53lbs and not sure I'll got past 60 again (if I can get there).

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
I would find a PSE with the evolve cam system and at least shoot it to see how smooth they are. And i have shot Elite for years.

·
Registered
28,186 Posts
Scott, keep in mind that GT500 I dialed down for Jake was at 47.5 lbs. Anything at that DW will feel like butter. If you want to a better comparison, shoot my E32 or the other GT500. The E32 is at 57 lbs and the GT500 is at 58 lbs.

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
I have a Synergy and a GT500, both 60 pounders and the Synergy is noticeably easier to draw. GT isn't bad though and is a little faster with a little more feedback on the shot. Synergy is pretty dead at the shot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts