Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one and what are your thought's on it? Going to shoot one with the PX3 cam at 60# in right hand and get a feel for it. Does it make ibo? How is the grip? I know it's how it feels to Me but it's a 8 hour round trip and I would like to get some people's insights on it before I go.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I shot the Xcursions and SS last year. Felt almost exactly like my Xcentric so didn't think it was worth getting a new one. The have very good feeling shot IMO. The draw cycle is a little aggressive but not bad at all. They are, when tuned, very dead in hand at the shot, and I've not seen an Xpedition bow not meet IBO speeds. I have my own home made cable guard as I was one of those that had real issues with their ATR. IMO a very solid platform.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Depending on your DL the XS cam is much smoother draw I like the grip on X bows and they meet IBO as said above the ATR could pose a problem all in all very nice bows.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depending on your DL the XS cam is much smoother draw I like the grip on X bows and they meet IBO as said above the ATR could pose a problem all in all very nice bows.
26.5 is My dl after switching to lefty I lost some dl.

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
I feel the Xcursion is similar to the Xcentric but the Xcursion has a smoother transition into the valley. Not a huge difference but noticeable to me. The Xcursion also was a little more vib free. Not sure how the px3 cams are doing but the others are right around IBO for the most part. I have shot most every flagship bows from all major manufacturers for 2017/18 and my Denali still feels better and performs better than all others in it's class when considering ATA and brace height. The grip is very nice to me, similar to PSE Evolve with a wider shelf area.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I feel the Xcursion is similar to the Xcentric but the Xcursion has a smoother transition into the valley. Not a huge difference but noticeable to me. The Xcursion also was a little more vib free. Not sure how the px3 cams are doing but the others are right around IBO for the most part. I have shot most every flagship bows from all major manufacturers for 2017/18 and my Denali still feels better and performs better than all others in it's class when considering ATA and brace height. The grip is very nice to me, similar to PSE Evolve with a wider shelf area.
You may be able to help with this but I thought the px3 was not doing well on the shorter draw lengths. I may be mistaken on that though, but bring it up as griffwar indicated his draw length and it would qualify as short.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You may be able to help with this but I thought the px3 was not doing well on the shorter draw lengths. I may be mistaken on that though, but bring it up as griffwar indicated his draw length and it would qualify as short.
I thought the PX3 was there short cam 25 to 26.5dl?

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I thought the PX3 was there short cam 25 to 26.5dl?
I guess you may be correct. Seems like I remember someone wanting a Denali but his draw length was 27" or so, and it put him in their cam that was not as good. I thought it was the PX3.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,382 Posts
I tested a Denali with the px3 at 27.5” and it was honestly the worst feeling cam i’ve Ever shot in more than 25 years at this. I would personally never buy a px3 cam bow from Xpedition. If you can’t get into an XS+ it’s not worth the money wasted. I previously owned an Xcentric and Xr6 as well - as a point of reference. Even in the XS they are aggressive drawing speedbows with a less than smooth transition but are manageable and do perform but the px3 is a flat out “no go”. You may hear some defensive and differing opinions here - it’s your money at risk - but don’t say I didn’t give you a good faith heads up.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tested a Denali with the px3 at 27.5” and it was honestly the worst feeling cam i’ve Ever shot in more than 25 years at this. I would personally never buy a px3 cam bow from Xpedition. If you can’t get into an XS+ it’s not worth the money wasted. I previously owned an Xcentric and Xr6 as well - as a point of reference. Even in the XS they are aggressive drawing speedbows with a less than smooth transition but are manageable and do perform but the px3 is a flat out “no go”. You may hear some defensive and differing opinions here - it’s your money at risk - but don’t say I didn’t give you a good faith heads up.
I loved the XLR8, is the draw cycle comparable are worse? I shot the XLR8 with 65% mod's if I could find one in lefty I would get it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
A lot of people shooting px3 cams and enjoying it. No one person's opinion is "right". Go shoot them and experience it for yourself.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
You could also try the X6s single cam I have not shot it but have only hear good things about it also is very respectable in the speed department.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone else got any info on the Xcursion?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've got an xcursion 6 with the xs cam and it's a great bow. Stiff draw but smooth. I prefer it over my reign I had

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
Have no experience with the px3 cam. The px2 I have shot on the Perfexion and it felt really nice to me, very similar to the XS cam on my Xcentric 7.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've got an xcursion 6 with the xs cam and it's a great bow. Stiff draw but smooth. I prefer it over my reign I had
Same here. formerly had an xcentric 6, xcentric 7, xception. hunted a couple years with the xception and liked it, but I'm getting faster speeds with the exact same 550gr. arrow on an xcursion 6 that is 12 pounds lighter draw length. So yes the draw is "harsher", but because it's such a light weight draw it's actually more manageable and easier on my bad shoulder. They're a fast bow and it meets ibo on my pro chorno. Shot some of my 700 grain recurve arrows and it spits them out.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
all I can give you is information on 29 and 29.5 inch draws.

I will have to say though, predator must have never shot a Hoyt Trykon...that was the worst drawing bow in the history of archery. LOL. I can't imagine any bow feeling like that POS

1 - 18 of 18 Posts