Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new string and would like to try on of these new materials...I know Proline and JBK are using them...anyone else?

CW

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Winners Choice is too.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Proline is, like you mentioned and also now have a lot more colors to choose from. Check them out at www.prolinebowstrings.com or call Amanda at 513-259-3738 to order yours today!!:thumbs_up

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
We have been using 8190 for a while and it a great product..
i have some of Omen's 8190 on my Prime Centroid and it is great material.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Proline uses both. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dont care who is using it. After the stuff has been on the market for 2-3 years and has developed a reputation like 452, ExCel and 8125 , TS-1 has earned over several years. AstroFlight is fast, soft but fuzzes much faster then 8125, so all it is now is H.Y.P.E.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the opinion wide load...not really what I was asking but ok, hey I'll tell you what...if its ok with you? I'll give the new XS2 a whirl and maybe even send you a report so you can chalk it up to more "hype"

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
You will notice that BCY states "The lowest creep EVER in 100% Dyneema" They do not say that this is a more stable string material when compared to a blend Dyneema/Vectran material such as 452X, Trophy or Brownell Xcell.
BCY 100% Dyneema products in the past have been less stable than the enhanced Brownell versions from what I have seen. My knowledge is very limited however as I am only a hobby string builder so it would be nice to hear from some of the pros.

BD

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes Im skeptical of new stuff coming out, because there is so much smoke blown by archery manufacturers and marketers. Im glad there are guys trying it and being the lab rats and a can stick to the tried and true for the next couple of years and see where the rep for the new stuff goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts