Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new 3-D bow for next year. This year I shot a Protec with 2000 limbs. I have decided to get an Ultratec for a little more speed but how about the limbs. Has anyone shot both the 2000 and 3000? I know you lose some speed but did it help your scores?
Thanks in advance, Lenny

·
Registered
644 Posts
I know all my bows this year will be xt3000 limbs. To me it is much more stable, a little more mass weight and only 5-10 fps slower. Shoot it with the spiral cam and it will make up the noticeable difference over the std cam.5. I like the 2000 limbs also, I just have shot more 3000 limb bows and like them better as a preference. I saw most of the pros using 3000 limbs last year also. Who knows, draw then both back and see which ones you like best! Matt

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt

What is your draw? Mine is 28.5 so I was cautious jumping to the longer limbs not wanting to be out of balance. I too noticed the Hoyt staff shooters using the longer limbs.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have shot both, on an UltraTec. I like the 3000 limbs. I believe that the advantage is the longer ATA bow and string angle; hence, it is much easier to touch the center of my nose with the 3000 limbs. With the 2000 limbs, I had to cant my head into the string.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm a short draw guy 27.5 to 28. I know a lot of people say if you're under 28 then the short limbs are better but for me, like cambow said, I anchor much better with the 3000 limbs becasue of the string angle.I know I am more apt to lose speed with the longer limbs, but I think accuracy and consistency is more important. I'd rather shoot a bow at 275 and know where the arrow is going everytime than 285 and not sure. The difference in arrow drop is pretty negligable out to 40 yards. Matt

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Are any Pros using the XT 2000 limbs in competition? I like the string angle you get with the XT3000, but this bow is going to my stand with me . . . so if I can get away with a little shorter ATA, I might do it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
New Limbs

Hoyt is introducing some new limbs for 2004. I know the XT 2000 limbs will still be in the line, and look for at least 5 new TEC risers.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I know one mdel will be the newtech! Matt

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Most all of the spot pro's are shooting the 3000's.

3D seems to be about 50 / 50.

Back to personal preference. I've got both and like both.

Target and 3D with 3000's though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

Thanks for the help guy's. I think I will try to shoot both. I heard the Protec will be dicontinued.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts