Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a XT and when i first got it was the quietest thing ive ever shot. Now it has a minor thump sound to it. XT is suppose to be one of the quietest bows on the market and i know there is something wrong on it to have noise. Anyone else have any noise in theres and what did you do to fix it.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Whats on it? Have you made sure everything is tight? I have an XT also I have a rubber tube to keep my peep straight( to close to season to fix!) that makes some noise. Just check everything even cam orientation. Let us know

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im sure everything is tight on it and i think cam rotation is right but ive noticed alot of wear on my suppressors which may be causing some noise.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I think a little wear on them is to be expected but if it looks tobe alot then have your shop check it out. That could very well be your noise considering what they go through. Good luck

·
Registered
717 Posts
when new mine was dead quite, after some weeks later i did notice a very small twang sound from string, no one else could hear it though. maybe i could cause it was right next to my head. i noticed if i got a nice smooth release i didnt hear it, i only heard it if i got a little jerky on the release of the arrow. any way put my sts on off other bow and got a lot of shots on it now and its all good. my first short axle bow and this pup is a nail driver for sure.

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,490 Posts
Check your allen screws that attach your suppressors to the limb. seen more than one loosen up.

·
Registered
50,346 Posts
Go with limb savers and a good string silencer if you don't have them.:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts