Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying an Ultratec and am a little unsure as to which limb to get.

I have shot the XT2000 version but a XT3000 version would be a special order so no "try before you buy"

I know the XT2000 limbs are a bit faster. Is there any real advantage to the 3000 over the 2000 limbs.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you want it to hunt with or target shoot? If your buying it to hunt with or both then I would go with the 2000's. Your draw also figures into it. If you are a longer draw then go with the 3000's. If you shoot fingers then the 3000's or possibily the lx pro's. The longer the ata the more forgiving up to a certian point. I have a short draw and I don't get enough string pinch with a bow longer than 40". Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I've got a couple of 3000 limbed UT's your welcome too shoot if your ever in this part of Ohio .
They are about 10 fps slower than the 2000 limbs but may fit you better .
They are on the classifieds now if you want to check the specs .
Your more than welcome to try them if you can't find one in your area , and the shop I co - op thru could give you a sweet deal on a new one if you needed something a little different .
Scott Zumbro

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Draw length figuresi nto it. I was told 28 " and under stick with 2000's 30" and over 3000's 29 inch draw your at a mid-point. Whichever angle fits your face better. Physical height might play into it as well. but really what fits you.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yeah I think the draw length is the telling factor myself !! I shoot XT2000's on my UT because my drawlength is 27.5" -- use it for both 3D, animal stuff & FITA -- plenty of speed and very stable for me -- but I have shot the XT3000 as well and it was great. the longer limb is probably more suitable for the longer draws though. Best bet is to try them both if you can and see what suits your style.

They are both superb limbs.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I shoot 3000's on an 02 pro-tec and I love them.:) I do shoot fingers with a 30" draw though. I almost wish I would have went with the LX Pro's for the finger pinch at my draw length though. Good Luck. If I used a release, I would have went with the 2000's.;)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sure wish there was a cut and dry answer but in archery there never is.

I have a 29" draw so I am smack dab in the middle between the XT2000 and XT3000 draw lengths. I shoot a release so string angle is not really a problem.

The bow would mainly be used for 3D and probably indoor spots. I am leaning toward the XT2000 limbs. I have them on my Razortec and like their performance.

Thanks for all the input.

As for they guys with bows for sale, if you can convert them over to lefty, you got a deal :D

Do you know how difficult it is to find a used LH Ultratec with C.5 and the right draw length....in a target color.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here is the why I ordered the 3000 limbs for my Hoyt: At 28.5 DL (AMO) , the string touches the tip of my nose. Look at a pic of Dave Cousins shooting the LX pros. Same thing. Short, DL is the way to go with the string touching tip of your nose. With the shorter limbs, you have to lean your head into the string too much. The limbs are slower, but crank up the poundage a bit to offset that issue. So, if you intend to do some indoor shooting, 3000 are the way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts