Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys,

there has to be someone on here that could tell me if my draw lenght would change if i switch from 2000 to 1000 limbs.

thanks
dave

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
sure you will have to and also different strings are a guarantee, but why would you want to switch to shorter limbs?? i have a 38pro with xt2000 limbs and cant imagine switching limbs, i would just go to say a 737 for something like that combo

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only reason why i want to switch is because it has a 50 lb max limbs. i want to shoot higher poundage and i can only find 1000 limbs. i might just sell and get a 737. by the time i spend 125 for the limbs ans 70 for strings. i could sell it and get a newer bow.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
yeah thats true, i know what you mean as i got my 38pro with 60-70 and knew i shoulda passes as i wanted a 60lb max. Luckily found somone to buy my limbs and found other deflection to buy and only cost me like $10 difference, but that was lucky to come across that.

with your 2000 limbs if you find another deflection you may not gain/loose alot of poundage, may call hoyt and tell em what you got and see what some other def limbs will change. I have def #s but for 4.5 c2 cams which is what i have on mine

·
Registered
4 Posts
it will depend on what cam you currently use/plan on using. if you were going from a c2 to cam1/2, you might pick up around 10lbs according to hoyt. if you have c2's and wanted to stay with them,hoyt will probably tell you they have no data for the c2/short limb combination. basicly,going to 1000 limbs makes it a 38 ultra

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i called hoyt and they had no data since i want to stay with the C2 cams. I think i might sell it and buy a 737, but my issue is i really like the feel of it and also i love the riptide blue color which they do not have anymore.

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts