Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I'm going to order a new Hoyt ultra-tec when the 04's become available and need to decide on which limbs to order. What kind of speed can I expect from an Ultra-tec w/ XT3000 limbs, 28 1/2" draw, 60# using the 75% let-off cam & 1/2? Other than a few local indoor leagues this winter, I will be using this bow for 3-D next year, which all the shoots I attend have the 280 fps speed limit. I'd rather have the longer axle to axle of the 3000's but dont want to come up short on obtaining my speed of 280 (+/-). I realize Hoyt may come out with something new, but if they don't, I want to have my stuff together, and ready to place my order. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Banned
636 Posts
SPH,

The Ultra tec with 3000 would be my suggestion, you should have no problem achieving 280 fps. with that set up.

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
I would say the 2000 limbs would be a btter choice due to your draw length. I shoot a 29" draw and the 3000's are a bit too long for me but if you can shoot a bow with both limbs try them and see. You are the final factor in the choice. Good luck.

·
Registered
300 Posts
XT 3000

hello!

i have 03' UT with xt 2000 limbs and those limbs are very good, but i wish i would have decided for xt3000, because of the extra A to A (40,5") and the difference in speed is not very big!

my 0,02$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts