Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some camo hunter arrows from Lancaster but when I opened the package I saw that the word "lite" was on the label. I have ordered the same arrows before and never seen this and I didn't see anything about it in the description. Did I get the wrong arrows or is this just a new version or something?

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
I've got some 20+ year old XX75 Easton 2315s that say Lite on them.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts

·
Registered
20,007 Posts
If your other arrows say XX75 2315 on them they are the same except for the word LITE. If same length put them on a scale & weight them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I weighed the arrows and they weigh the same as regular 2315s so all I can figure is that someone at the factory got a hold of old labels and put them on the arrows.

·
Can't keep em straight
1,947 Posts
Huh, shot them in 2117 and 2317 for ages but they always said "camo hunter" where these say "lite". Just labelling, I guess. They're... not " lite" ;)

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Nothing to worry about. Choot em.. I have many that say that for hunting..

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I am pretty sure if you research it, it has to do with the arrow weight , which has a lot to do with wall thickness. So I remember back years ago when guys started looking for some speed. They started marking some of the thinner sidewall and thus lighter arrows, as light. Told you a little something about the arrow . I was shooting like 2117's and when I went to an overdraw and cut down my arrows, I could use 2114's and they were marked "super lights" if I remember correctly. Lot of them still weighed like 9 or 10 grains an inch, which for a light carbon arrow now would be heavy. Just doing it from a somewhat foggy memory. But I think that's sort of the logic.

·
archery nut
6,120 Posts
I am pretty sure if you research it, it has to do with the arrow weight , which has a lot to do with wall thickness. So I remember back years ago when guys started looking for some speed. They started marking some of the thinner sidewall and thus lighter arrows, as light. Told you a little something about the arrow . I was shooting like 2117's and when I went to an overdraw and cut down my arrows, I could use 2114's and they were marked "super lights" if I remember correctly. Lot of them still weighed like 9 or 10 grains an inch, which for a light carbon arrow now would be heavy. Just doing it from a somewhat foggy memory. But I think that's sort of the logic.
Yep… back in the day when I shot aluminums, I’m pretty sure anything with a wall thickness of .015 (or ##15 was lite/super lite… I think first number deals with diameter of arrow and second is wall thickness… when I was 14 I think I shot 2312s and those were super lites due to the thin wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: H.A.S.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep… back in the day when I shot aluminums, I’m pretty sure anything with a wall thickness of .015 (or ##15 was lite/super lite… I think first number deals with diameter of arrow and second is wall thickness… when I was 14 I think I shot 2312s and those were super lites due to the thin wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, both of you are correct. I called Easton and they said that they used to mark them that way. They are the same arrows although they don't mark them that way anymore so Lancaster must have found some old stock in their warehouse.

·
Registered *******
1,340 Posts
Don't worry there is nothing lite about a XX75 2315..

·
Premium Member
HOYT, Easton, Shrewd, Dead Center, Doinker, AAE, Shibuya, Beiter & Leupold ProGuide HD 10X42.
419 Posts
I ordered some camo hunter arrows from Lancaster but when I opened the package I saw that the word "lite" was on the label. I have ordered the same arrows before and never seen this and I didn't see anything about it in the description. Did I get the wrong arrows or is this just a new version or something? View attachment 7437032
OK,

"Lite" has to do with the "wall thickness". (The last two numbers on your shaft size).

1) Sizes 17, 18, 19, and 20 were considered Standard Thickness.

2) Sizes 15 and 16 were Lites.

3) Sizes 13 and 14 were SuperLites.

4) and sizes 11 and 12 were UltraLites.

So your 23"15" falls under the"Lite" catagory.

As different sizes came into being they fell into one of these categories

Easton, in some instances, "printed" the category on the shaft itself......

There's No difference at ALL in an Easton XX75 (2315) and an Easton XX75 (2315) Lite.

....Good Shooting!!!

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Do you know if there's any difference in durability between these and the regular ones?
Not a bit.
The various Easton aluminum shafts available haven't changed at all. Probably the most uniform shafts ever made. And, as aluminum goes, they are light.

·
The Impartial Archer
19,885 Posts
1985 TX nailed it plus remember "Lite" is a relative term...........lol. The wall thickness of Easton aluminum arrows got thinner as time passed. So the standards were standard "wall thickness".....then they went to a thinner wall but increased the diameter that way you had the same spine or more but a lighter arrow......so they labeled then lites.

SO they keep that going with the supers and ultras and then the walls go so thin they bent to easily leading to the "all Aluminum arrows bend easy' myth. For me and my draw weight & DL the lites are what I prefer. Noticeably tougher than the ultra and eve the supers but not as tough as the standards but for me the standards get too heavy to get proper spine.

So that 2315 is my go-to for hunting. I can get them in the 475 range to 525 with vanes & points only which is right where I wanna' be for a hunting arrow. No outserts , weighted inserts, expensive heavier broad heads, footer etc........you just put em' together and shoot them.

Just don't group shoot them like you have been.......notice the crease? It's probably still straight but that's a horrible idea if you shoot aluminum. Good luck

Reactions: Arrowbender

·
The Impartial Archer
19,885 Posts
PS you know you have the NEW aluminum arrows when they have the dumbed down 340 sticker on em'.

Reactions: b-a-maniak
1 - 20 of 22 Posts