Archery Talk Forum banner

Yea got my barnesdale limbs today

1628 Views 28 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  geekster
I got my Barnesdale Limbs today. Geeksters custom Allegiance is getting closer. Jim Posten powdercoated the riser. I have a posten stab for it. Now waiting on the strings. Its going to be sweet. Cant wait to get it together. When i am done ill post pictures.:tongue:
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
5,236 Posts
I just bought an Elite E-500. Basically you are making one.

· Registered
381 Posts
wouldnt you be better off getting a complete barnsdale bow ! why try making a bow what its not?

· Premium Member
4,644 Posts
Custom bow

wouldnt you be better off getting a complete barnsdale bow ! why try making a bow what its not?

What fun would that be...??:wink:

Playing around and putting a custom bow together is a ton of fun ... I think it kept me from going stir crazy this winter(I think)...Gives you something to look forward to anyways.

Once its all done there is somewhat of an empty feeling....Be careful --JP

· Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the allegiance. Wanted 60 pound limbs so what the heck i got barnesdale limbs. If i wanted a different bow i would have got one. Just wanted to build my own custom bow. I placed my order for the limbs about 3 and half weeks ago and received them today. I dont know if barnesdale makes limbs for the centerpivot bows. One more thing dave is a good guy to deal with.

· Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im still waiting on my strings and the custom logo im putting on the limbs. I did put the bow together with the old strings just to see what it looked like. It looks great. Im also waiting on my sur loc sights the bow is going to wear. I hope every thing comes this week. When i get it complete i will post pics. I want to shoot this thing real bad.

· Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
5,001 Posts
Sounds like you're building a awesome custom bow,Started out with a proven riser and built it up.I "almost" did the Barnsdale limbs when I dropped down but could beat the price on stock limbs........

· Registered
25,353 Posts
it should be a really nice bow when done. i want to build a custom bow someday just to see if i can make something nice

· Patriot
5,055 Posts
limbs

You're going to have one nice rig when you get it together. Unfortunately, Barnsdale does not make limbs for split limb Bowtechs.

· Registered
9 Posts
no custom about that!

If you really wanted to build a custom bow you would handcarve the limbs out of bamboo,tie the string from strands of a donkey's tail and forge the riser from recycled pop cans.Now that would be custom. powdercoat that!

· Registered
475 Posts
???? Dont understand why the factory limbs on a solid limb bow are not good enough. If Elite thought that the barnsdale limbs were better than their own, wouldn't they have Dave build them or use his process?

· Registered
1,658 Posts
Barns dale limbs

I got my Limbs from Dave about a month ago and really like them. Cutoms for my hoyt whos limbs delaminated after 7 years and countless shots. Now waiting on my riser which is at the powdercoater. Never thought of cutom logos but may have to make some up. By the way my limbs are split. But dave only makes the solid cutom limbs for Bowtechs now, if I remeber right. But check out his website to be sure. Just google Barnsdale archery and it should come up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.