Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Vegas

Votes: 9 42.9%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of the YABO members would like to do an winter indoor league, via computer?

We could do individual or teams( if we do teams we could do by state, age, class, etc).

Right now here are the members that I know of who are members of the YABO:

Archery=life
archerykid13
bow slayer
Bowhunter500
browndiamond
Browning w/hha
carbon kid
Chadlister
countryboy173
Hoytshooter76
I'm not ted
Ignition kid
Jared les
Jason thacker 3
Joe(y)
katera131
Kody10
martinbows777
mathewsju
medwaycowboy
mustangkid
N7709K
no. 1 hoyt
robinhooder3
samhighnam
sighting in
snipersam24
stickbow hunter
twinsfan
wsbark01
x-force hunter
young buck6
young hunter

Let me know if there is any intrest and if you have any comments/ideas

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
i suggest a 5 spot league, seems more easy to get the targets. If we do teams, i get first dibs:D
probably teams of 2 if you do it teams
what about a handicap?
may also want to consider starting after the holidays when most indoor leagues are already started so its easier for ppl to get to a range.

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If we do teams, this is what I was kinda thinking would be fun.

Everyone that is interested shoots a round for score, sorta as a placer score. After that we match people one high one low.

And for the poll, i forgot to make it a multi-choice poll.

·
Get Serious Get Hoyt
336 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to have a league for 5-spot and vegas. i would join both:wink:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ok

How is this gunna work? ppl are gunna lie about their score to win. Im confused. Im all for it if we can make it fair. And would it be possible to have a prize?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
How is this gunna work? ppl are gunna lie about their score to win. Im confused. Im all for it if we can make it fair. And would it be possible to have a prize?
ns on the prize. as far as making it fair, we can't be 100% sure everyone is playing by the rules. we can however require a picture of the target that was shot (must be a clean target when starting the round) to stop any complete lying about scores. we could do pics of the arrows each round, but that would most likely be too much work.

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pic of face after the round would work. It would be nice if it had the date and location on the face

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
pic of face after the round would work. It would be nice if it had the date and location on the face
who do you want to run this? i could probably get the scores and averages calculated if you want, unless someone else want to have all the fun:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
5 spot pairs. like you said, have a "practice" shoot and do top shooters with bottom shooters. Everyone has 1 week to shoot 1 round and can make shoot ahead if they can't shoot for a certain week. Have like a 10 week league. Start it some time in the middle or end of January. winners get bragging rights in their sig

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds good. I can do some of the scores, so we could split it 50/50 if you want.

When should we shoot the qualifier, per se

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
idk, we can start it as soon as you want. maybe just have a deadline to have a preliminary score in by. say sunday jan 10 and the first week of league will start monday jan 11 and go to sunday jan 17 and so on

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
idk, we can start it as soon as you want. maybe just have a deadline to have a preliminary score in by. say sunday jan 10 and the first week of league will start monday jan 11 and go to sunday jan 17 and so on
that should work. Lets allow everyone to shoot two scores for the placer and then take the average of the two

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
that should work. Lets allow everyone to shoot two scores for the placer and then take the average of the two
good idea

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ns on the prize. as far as making it fair, we can't be 100% sure everyone is playing by the rules. we can however require a picture of the target that was shot (must be a clean target when starting the round) to stop any complete lying about scores. we could do pics of the arrows each round, but that would most likely be too much work.
thought of something that might work as prize

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I am interested. However, I have a few concerns.

First of all, we need to KNOW people are committed. I know of at least 2 leagues (and I am sure there were more) in this Forum that never even got off the ground. I don't want this to be one of them. So, lets have a sign up list (probably a different thread) and if you say you are in, you are obligated to do it.

We can't know you are telling the truth, but I think most of us will. I do like the target idea, though. We could write the date and end score on the target and take a pic. That I think would work.

I have school work, band concerts, church activities, my parents are really busy, etc. I am not sure that I can commit to having a score each week, and I am pretty sure that I am not alone on that. What do you guys think about every other week?

I like the team idea. I think teams of 2 or 3 would work great, and pare the best with the *cough* not best. If it were teams of 3, we would do 1st place, last place, and middle place. Then we move towards the middle on best and worst, and for the middle area we would have one place above the middle on team 2, one place below on team 3, 2 places above on team 4, etc.

A problem with the team is what happens if a member does not submit a score? Do they take the average of the rest of the team, should they get -10 from that as a penalty, should they get a 0 for their score, etc.? What do you guys think?

Finally, my shop does not really do 5-spot. Every week there is a Vegas league, so if we do Vegas I would be good to go on that. But if we do a 5-spot, I just don't have the consistent time to do 2 scoring rounds each week. What do you guys have to say about that?

Anyways, these are my thoughts on this. I would love to see this get off the ground, but somebody has to step up and do it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Vegas!

my vote is for vegas i like shooting it alot more than 5 spot. But since i know there are a few guys that wanna do 5 spot than we can vary it from week to week. or have a vote for the following week on what face we should shoot.

·
Bone Collector
5,454 Posts
I'm in. We should shoot 5 spot and vegas we could just switch it like every week.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts