Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 22 arrows being set up with these blazers. I told my local archery guy to put as much helical as he could on them while still maintaining a good contact between the shaft and the blazer, he kept swearing that they work just fine straight but i again told him just to put as much as he could or atleast felt safe doing. did i make a mistake putting a helical on them? how do they fly straight, by the way i got wraps put on them so i dont think they will be coming off soon. would appreciate the comforting comments, haha but tell me your experiences with this. i got about $60 in those blazers and wraps so i won't know until friday if i like em. how you got good news for me, thanks guys, and gals.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I put helical on all my blazers (mini and 2 inch) for hunting and 3D...I wouldn't do them any other way personally. You did the right thing and you'll see what I am talking about once you shoot them.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
to echo others, the helical makes the vane really control the BH, you will be happy with them.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
RebelYell said:
The new pro shop I'm using told me he don't like to do helical on mine because I use a wis. Biscut. Is this true?
The "he don't like to" part may be true, but it sure isn't because helical doens't work great. Here's two pics to prove the biscit loves a hard helical . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
I put as much offset as I could get with my helical 2" blazers and shoot through the WB just fine. It only causes some scuffing marks on the vanes after shooting a bunch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts