Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. y'all- here it is. I've been shooting about 1 year now. I've had no formal coaching, but I have been know to bug the local pro shop gurus and have been studying on my own. I spent most of this winter in my basement shooting blind bales.

So, let me know where I'm doing well and where I'm needing to improve.

Thanks!
-Walkman

(p.s.-I know it's a huge arm guard, but it has sentimental value)

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's how the release/follow-thru looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL Fred!

I dunno- my wife likes my legs. So much so that we have 4 children. :cool: ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
YOUR OUT OF HERE!!!!

TAN THEM LEGS OR YOUR OUT OF HERE!!!:D
Everything else looks good to me, of course I shoot a release. What do I know:cool: ;)

ARCHERY IS FUN, SO GO TAN THEM LEGS!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I Just had to say it!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They ARE tan

It's just the kind of tan the comes from the glow of a computer monitor.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Can I?

Walkman.

Will they let me post my computer on the clasified ads of AT. Don't want or need a tan LIKE THAT!! My morning is fantastic, hows yours? Better than coffee I might add! " APPIS OUT OF HERE"!!!.:p :p

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't worry about the shorts, I have the same ones! Also have the same tan! So no comments here, I'm no pro by all means, but looking at the pics it seems to me youre shoulders are not lined up with the target, it looks like you are using all arm and no back tension, I say that after looking at youre feet, most right handed archers I have seen that use back tension usually have the right foot either even with the left or behind it??? A nice above from picture would probably help

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
make your feet more parralell to the target, they are all crooked, other than that, looks ok

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stance

Here is a diagram of my feet. Should they be parallel?

I guess that would make my shoulders not squarly perpendicular to the target.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oops

Here's that pic.

Attachments

G

·
ditch the sandal's...

...and get on the "lite" beere bandwagon!!:D ...short's are Okay!!...lol...does that arm guard "chaff" your arm pit???...

...dude, I am from Michigan...you have a nice tan for up heere!!:cool: ...

...APPIJAPPI:cool: ...read a post on the ASA board first thing this morning about "best overall archer"...well...go read it...you'll see what happened to "my first cup of coffee":( ...

>>>---DD--->;)

G

·
FEET...

...if they are attached after your ankles and heading in the same direction...YOUR GOOD TO GO!!:D ...

...diagram equals "perfect" stance...without sandal's of course:) ...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
archery1 said:
make your feet more parralell to the target, they are all crooked, other than that, looks ok
Keep in mind; everyone has a different natural point of aim that helps to prevent them from "musceling" the bow over to get the pin on the dot.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks like an open stance, no problem with that if it works for you. Do you know how to find your best stance? If not PM me.

I don't see any problem with the one pic but it takes multiple views to really see what's going on. If you could get one from the back as well that would be good. Also a pic of you shooting level, not pointing down would be better.

On your release it looks like you could be forcing your fingers open which is not what you want. Also your release hand could be coming out away from your face but it's hard to tell. It should just be coming straight back. The perfect release is like dropping a bucket of paint in a can that's hanging by your side. The handle almost seems to go through your fingers if you know what I mean.

G

·
Sorry

Didn't know you wanted serious feedback... Think Dondeere has the funniest

...if they are attached after your ankles and heading in the same direction...YOUR GOOD TO GO!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone so far, keep 'em coming.

So far, the open stance feels more relaxed to me in the shoulders. I wonder though, if I closed off the stance and stood more perpendicular to the target if I could maximize BT more?

To be honest, I think I was losing my BT on that shot. A little focus slip to my wife as she was shooting probably.

How's my body alignment?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Looks fairly good.....straighten up a li'l bit and make the "power T" as we call it. align your shoulders with your hips. And, when you are shooting downward, bend at the waist, not just drop your bow arm. Alot of people lean back (not good) and they don't really notice it until they take pics of themselves, and see what it looks like. In the three words, stand up straight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts