Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have a new BC and yoke made for a reflex caribou II to get it ready to sell when I return home next month. The BC length is 42.0 but the yokes are served into the cables and I cannot find out their length. The string is 59.5, 31 draw length, DW 74lbs, 46 ATA length. I appreciate the help.May have to wait and take it off to duplicate it otherwise.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That 42"is including the yoke,Reflex was made by Hoyt and Hoyt makes there yoke 8' total,4" on each side.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Floating yoke on the Hoyt 16" or 8" on both sides.
This^^^

I recently made a new set of strings and cables for my 2008 Caribou (Wheel & 1/2 cams), and made the static yolks on my buss cable 8". The originals were 8" floating yokes.

cricman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for rhe replies. My caribou is
-+ 2000 model with a floating yoke.
I will get the Lil woman to measure the yoke
to see if it's an 8 or 16" yole and pass on to the
String maker. Thanks again

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
That 42"is including the yoke,Reflex was made by Hoyt and Hoyt makes there yoke 8' total,4" on each side.
There is no way that the 42 is for the total length of the buss cable including the length of the yoke. The buss cable is going to be longer than the ATA of the bow not 4" shorter.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
capnbo in his post stated his bow had a 42" bc. The 42" includes the cable and the yoke.I did make a mistake in saying 4" yoke they are 8". So it ands up being a 34" cable with an 8" yoke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the Lil women measure the yoke legs and they are 6" on each side, making a total length of 48" which is about what the ATA length is, 47.5" Thanks for the input.
string maker said he could duplicate the floating yoke of go with a one piece static yoke which would be easier to tune. Whats the option on this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts