Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide information on a bow with York USA on the limbs? I know York manufactured bows and then was bought out. I would like to know approximately how old this bow is.

Best Regards,
CF

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
my first bow was a york mohave. i think they went under back in the mid 90s

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
havent seen oone in 10 years. had a shoot through one brought in to work on. the only bow ive ever destroyed in my press. told the guy i didnt want to put it in the press. he said go ahead . we relaxed it just enough to put in a peep . watched it collaspe in front of us it had a crack in the side.he bad mouthed me all over for the next year.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I have a York Predator. 45 3/4" AtA, 9" BH and wheels on recurved limbs. What a sweet shooter. Sooooo easy to shoot. I almost think one could sneeze during release and still score a hit!:D This, I was told, is an early 90s model, but has some features not usually found on bows that old. I may rip it apart, paint it up and build a spot rig with her. I think it would work great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a york also that i have no clue about i believe the limbs are wood but it says york usa in orange paint with a leaf kinda camo there is also a 5 digit num on it with a tracker graphite but no name

·
The Godfather
7,295 Posts
York was made in KCMO in the 80's and early 90's. Dean Pridgen worked for York in R&D during their last few years. Their Shoot through wasn't the first built but first manufactured and sold and it was called the STO. I will suggest being very careful pressing this bow as the first year model will break in the press. If the limbs are wood then most likely 80's and the glass were late towards the end of manufacturing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
one of my coworkers brought in a York Mohave he bought for $25. the limbs are Graphite, and is set to 70 lbs draw. whats the easiest way to lower the tension? hes in his 60's and cant pull the string back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts