Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at either picking up an Element or Carbon Spyder (RKT vs Z5). I’ve read a lot of reviews but most of them were in 2014 when the Carbon Spyder just came out so it was favorited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I currently have a carbon matrix plus with the Fuel cam and I’m not a fan of it because of its lack of valley

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
I am betting the Z5 wins.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
spiral x then z5. the rkts and z5 are pretty similar. at least in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Z5 is smoother, rkt is faster. My nitrum 34 was the smoothest drawing Hoyt I’ve ever owned. My favorite all time is the z5 turbo cams.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Those are my 2 faves, you can’t go wrong either way. Both were an improvement on the Fuels.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
RKT is faster. Z5 is smoother. The RKT cam is closer to the Z5 turbo cam and DFX turbo cam than the Z5 in. If you want smooth go Z5. If you want speed get a turbo cam, there’s not much difference in feel from turbo to rkt but there is a speed difference.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have a faktor with z5 and like it, my son has a spyder non carbon with rkt cams and I like that cam also. His spyder seems to hold more steady on target for me but that is likely the bow balance not cam. The rkt is a little more aggressive than the z5. We are long draw guys 31.5-32 so that may smooth out the cam feel a little.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I loved the RKT. But I will be buying a new RX-1 and I would like to see how those cams feel. So, RKT to me so far

·
The pointy end...
2,370 Posts
The cams are very similar. Just don't get the Z5 Turbo Cam, in fact don't get any of the Turbo cams. The draw cycle is horrible IMO.
All of the other Hoyt cams I have shot were awesome. The RKT and Spirals are my favorites, but the Z5 are nearly identical to the RKT, they even use the same mods.

·
Full-time Dork
2,195 Posts
The cams are very similar. Just don't get the Z5 Turbo Cam, in fact don't get any of the Turbo cams. The draw cycle is horrible IMO.
All of the other Hoyt cams I have shot were awesome. The RKT and Spirals are my favorites, but the Z5 are nearly identical to the RKT, they even use the same mods.
I’m the exact opposite. I love my Nitrum Turbo, it’s by far my favorite Hoyt so far. I’m dying to try the new turbo too, I really like the new regular cams too I just know that for whatever reason I shoot better with less letoff. Just goes to show you how subjective bows can be lol

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I sold all my rkt and regular z5 bows. Have all nitrum turbos, best bow Hoyt ever made imo. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
dfx

1 - 20 of 43 Posts