Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now you got it!

From the makers of the best and most consistent arrow nock system in the world…
Aznat, LLC is proud to introduce the newest innovation in archery.

The Magnock System
“Magnum Ti”
Patent Pending
Titanium Pins for arrow nocks

1. The MAGNOCK Magnum Ti pin is made of titanium, which is so hard it virtually eliminates bending from cam torque and deflects incoming arrows by repelling the force of the point away from the shaft. The hardness of the pin allows the arrow in the target to flex to the side as it is struck resulting in less shaft and pin damage.

2. The MAGNOCK Magnum Ti pin has a sharper tapered point to reduce the surface area so the incoming point has fewer forces generated directly into the shaft.

3. The larger MAGNOCK Super Magnum Ti pin for A/C/C and size 360 carbon arrows has a concave reducer rather than a flat taper reducer, like uni-bushings, further reducing chances of impact damage.

4. The most innovative feature of the MAGNOCK Magnum Ti pin is our exclusive barbell design inside the shaft which enables the archer the option to add *weighted wire. This allows more latitude in customizing and fine-tuning the arrow spine for optimum performance.

The new Magnock Magnum Ti titanium Pins are available in four sizes:

“Super Magnum Ti” All A/C/C or 360 size carbon shafts or shafts with Super Uni-bushings -Fits all equivalents to Super or 3D Super Nocks. (PURPLE)

Easton A/C/E, A/C Navigator 1000 through 610, Cartel X-PERT
-Fits all equivalents to g-nock. (BLUE)

Easton A/C Navigator 540, 480 and 430 shafts
-Made with a larger diameter rim for better seating. (GOLD)

Cartel Triple (Olympian) 300 through 700, Easton Vector (GREEN)

The MAGNOCK system Magnum Ti titanium pins carry the “Magnock Limited Lifetime Guarantee.”
The MAGNOCK system Magnum Ti titanium pins are built exclusively for use with the Magnock “C-pin” nock, although other pin nocks will fit as well.
*weighted wire is available through Aznat, LLC.

The MAGNOCK System by…
Aznat, LLC PO Box 31051, Phoenix AZ 85046
1-800-632-5750
Fax: 602-843-3888
web site: www.magnock.com e-mail: [email protected]

-PICTURES FOLLOWING SOON-

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weights--

The “Super Magnum Ti” All A/C/C or 360 size carbon shafts or shafts with Super Uni-bushings weigh-- 19.5 grains

Easton A/C/E, A/C Navigator 1000 through 610, Cartel X-PERT weigh 8.6 grains

Easton A/C Navigator 540, 480 and 430 shafts weigh 8.8 grains

Cartel Triple (Olympian) 300 through 700, Easton Vector weigh 8.5 grains

And the weighted wire is .24” (70cm) .025 Lead Alloy at 1” (2.6cm) = .9 grains

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
A BIG CONGRADULATIONS TO YOU MAGNOCK

Well...S U R P R I S E!!!!!!!! These pins are everything advertised.Cost,well add it up this way..more practice+less arrow cost+more competition completions=GUARANTEED JUSTIFCATION (not a bad BANG for the buck.) I personaly have a hard time trying to figure out why we condem and ridicule people and new innovations when we enjoy all the great pleasures and products we're useing today in our lives.Who knows what tomorrow will bring???>>--Skip-->(X) ps: and Thank you also "Mrs.MAGNOCK LADY."

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Magnock Man

Not picking, because I really like the looks of the pins and there is a definite NEED for a pin that will hold up. BUT.....I would prefer that the pin have parallel sides that fit into the shaft rather than the scouped out part for the wire weight. Why? More surface area for hot melt and I am wondering if the small disk on the end with its small bearing surface will actually increase shaft damage.
I looks like impact to the pin could cause this disk to put a lot of pressure in a very small area. I guess we won't know till people start using them. Don't take this as a negative, I'm just wondering about the ramifications of the design. Thank goodness someone decided to address the problem with Easton Pins!!!!
Jbird

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the support Skip--

Jay,
One of the reasons it took so long to come out with these was the testing time. The barbell design proved to be stronger than a parallel tube inside the shaft and we had to get the patent pending process done after we were confident this was indeed the best design. None of the prototype pins bent on either the barbell or tube type from hits and only a few carbon wrapped aluminum shafts sustained some shaft damage at the pin- but the ones that damaged the shafts were the tube types—not the barbell design. I’m not sure why yet but perhaps it was because the barbell shank flexed on impact and the tube type directed the brunt of the forces more to the shaft walls.
The tolerances are very close to the actual shaft inside diameters so there isn’t much side play. Whether you use epoxy or hot melt once you insert the pin into the shaft or uni-bushing in order for it to come out it will need to scrape the adhesive from the walls. This isn’t an easy thing to do! Besides if you’re using the Magnock system nothing is trying to pull the pin out of the arrow like pinch nocks!
On some uni-bushings the parallel tube is only contacting the first ¼ inside the bushing so the remaining ¾’s is floating out in thin air. The Magnum Ti pins do the same—the last rim nearest the nock seats inside the uni-bushing and the front rim is floating. So adhesion is the same on both.
Another interesting item during the tests was no one damaged a pure carbon shaft with the Super Magnum Ti pin, not that it won’t happen in the future but we were unsuccessful at making it happen.
Chris

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
JBird and All,
I have been shooting these pins for awhile now... I have tested them in EVERY instance "I" could think of... As of today I have NO shaft damage and NO bent pins...I am NOT saying that you won't damage a shaft EVER but I haven't yet.... The surface area that you see is PLENTY big enough for the hot melt and I have seen no adverse effects due to the bottom of the pin design and with the addition of the barbell design you can FINETUNE the spine of your shaft or stiffen up the shaft a bit.... ALOT of shooters have been putting weight in the tailend of their shaft to get the spine just right to help grouping... With this design the weighted wire CANNOT move or come off....I LOVE these pins... And the BEST THING... You can REUSE them and they will work just as good as when they were new....Pro1

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Thanks Chris

Your explanation makes sense to me. Bring em on.
Jbird

·
Registered
206 Posts
OK I gotta ask this. Magnocks have always advertised their supperiority to pinch nocks so why then are they developing systems that integrate an inferrior product into their line. Also these pins seem to be for use with the Easton pin nocks. Is Aznat, LLC (Magnock) planning on developing their own nocks(pinch/magnetic) to use their pins with?

Archeryking

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Archeryking

They have been marketing magnocks that fit easton pins for several months now. Come on goob, pay attention. LOL
Jbird

·
Registered
392 Posts
Aren't we Lucky.

I just wanted to share this thought.After you get to meet and know these folks whether it's in person or here on the site (Chris,Pro1,his dad,and the others involved with these products a goood old fashion feeling seems to drift back into your dailey life and that's HONESTY is still very much alive.They have tested the product extensively before bringing it to us.I do be all products have their problems and some one will be fortunite enough to find it,bring it to their attention ,and they will in turn make it better.We have lost friends ,family ,loved ones to be able to keep this right,"freedom of choice",and the right to dream and build what we believe in.I do believe that THESE people have developed a new product for us to be able to enjoy and hopefuly be better and safer in the sport we've choosen,not to take something from some one else or belittle another product,just shareing what they also believe to be just that.We all want Archery to contnue to grow and stay alive for the future generation and this is just one of the many gifts and some day a part of history to past along.As for myself I say thank you to all the tinkers and inventer's for giveing and shareing with me the right to try something NEW and the trust to make an honest decission.Imagine haveing to take a bow out of the closet every time you wanted to shoot and that bow is the same one,set up the same,that was past on to you in the hopes that you and yours and theirs will enjoy the sport of ARCHERY they loved,"with nothing else to choose from,and everybody had the same." I like my set up the way I have it NOW,but I ENJOY playing with all te new equipment and accessories so I picked up a second bow,cheap,and now I'm still" Haveing Fun" as Pat's wife put it,with all the new toys we have availible.I don't know about you but I know I will NEVER be bored with my sport of ARCHERY.I hope I made just one person think,and offended no one..>>----SKIP--->(X)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Best Products ever

A couple of weeks ago I received a call from Skip Pecor, Skip was telling me about Chris and Magnock. As alot of people, I've heard of them but had not had the chance to try them for myself.
I shoot pro and to be honest it's hard to change my setup that I've worked hard to get right where I want it.
I called Chris and talked to him about shooting for Magnock but I still had my reservations that would make my setup better. I told him I would try them after Big Bear shoot here in CA. What a mistake. I did well at the shoot but Danny Quintana was better that weekend and going home I installed the Magnock system and went the next day to shoot a field round. WOW WOW

After one round I shot my personal best with a 556. Why did I wait? This is the most forgiving nock system period...
And now with this new Pin it can only get better. Chris I hope you have them for the Vector 640 shafts. I will be calling you later this week to discuss things over with you. Two thumbs up...Its all good.
Phil Thorstenson

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Archery King

WE found that the pins were a WEAKPOINT in OUR system and Eastons and developed a way to improve OUR system... The Benefit is that ANYONE can benefit from OUR efforts to improve what WE believe to be the best nock system out there....So instead of only developing the pins to work with Magnock (as by the way they were going to be designed)Chris decided with input from the Staff Shooters... to design them so ALL people could have a better option that what is currently available in the Pin Nock field... And BELIEVE me they are WAYYYY better for ANY shaft than what is currently available......Pro1

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Weights

Archeryking,
We've been making pin nocks to fit aluminum pins for well over a year-- it was in use when most of the records were set by our Pro Staff.
A stronger pin was needed because with the Magnock system it's trying to compensate cam torque and too many times the soft aluminum pins would bend during the launch. Something that doesn't happen with pinch nocks because the fork on the nocks would bend out before the pin would bend.
It was a nice added feature to offer something that would handle incoming arrow strikes too.
I showed a conventional pin nock in the picture to show it fits the same as aluminum pins. Now we make something even the recurve shooters can find useful too.

Brad- the weights are listed on the 4th post form the top of this thread.

Phil,
I'm glad the Magnock system worked out for you. You haven't seen nutt'n yet though-- we'll start testing the shorter Pro1 soon and if that works out as expected that little bit of speed loss at 6' away from the bow so many un-knowing archers are concerned about will hopefully be a thing of the past. Along with the new Pro1 we will have a stronger small nock and a molded "C-nock" pin nock so we don't have to hand machine that little guy anymore.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
The shank needs to be normalised or the pin will crack out the side of the shaft when it is hit from behind because instead of the energy being distributed it will travel travel to the end.

Normal pins aren't all that bad.
;) Dylan

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
My Apologese.;) Good shooting.
Dylan

1 - 20 of 36 Posts