Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a real good friend I've known for 25 yrs. just told me he inherited 5 farms this last month or so.
he went to the farms and no one had asked for permission for many yrs. from his father-in-law.
he saw 2 guys that have been hunting on this land and asked for their signed slips...they said they had them, at home and the owner just signed them last week......
that's funny.....did you have him sign the slips????.....oh yeah he did....my buddy said well first off, you don't know where he is, second he never signed anything for you... my family is taking care of him, at our house since this last year, and we never seen you, at our house.
boys get your stands and get off the property.
he told me he was going to let them finish out the season , until they started lying to him. he reminded them about signed slips every year, and he wasn't going to give out permission right now.
then he talked to the farmer, that leases the ground about hunting and he didn't want nobody hunting there without permission slips.

his next call was to me....going there in two weeks to look it over....he gave me permanent permission to hunt all 5 farms.

in this day and times this doesn't happen at all....very blessed to have friends like him!

· Premium Member
27,366 Posts
You could hold an At deer contest with all that land,6 teams of 2...random draw....Dream Season 5.0.........Grizz

· Registered
1,235 Posts
he saw 2 guys that have been hunting on this land and asked for their signed slips...they said they had them, at home and the owner just signed them last week......
Lying hunters should have some sort of punishment, like placing their heads in the stocks and letting other hunters pelt them with rotten veggies....or gut piles.

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
he just sent me some pics of rubs he found 6-8" trees rubber head high...can't wait to see the ground...it does have a small river going through it with corn/bean fields that are inside of the woods....almost like food plots....somebody pinch me and wake me up!

· Archer
8,693 Posts
Congrats man, that's like winning the lottery around here.

Just let me know if you need any help hunting that much ground. I have stands, a four wheeler, foodplotting equipment, chainsaw, and a moderately tolerable personality that could certainly come in handy for a guy who just picked up 5 farms to hunt. :teeth:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.