Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,197 Posts
It's not slow but compared to the 2008 class of speed bows, it's a dog. And the 8+ inch brace height might be pushing people away as they may not want to feel that they need to shoot a bow with a higher than average brace height.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
That sort of speed from a bow with an 8" BH, what's not to like? It amazes me now how many people think they need a bow that shoots 340 + fps to kill an animal :rolleyes:

·
Guipago
3,090 Posts
I ordered one right after I shot it..

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
quietest bow i've ever shot. wish i had one.:embara:

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Why is it ......? ..Nevermind ......
+1.....

I think there's a couple reasons. First off, there hasn't been a whole lot of problems with them, at least to this point. The biggest issue I've heard of so far is fletching contact with the cables, which is easily fixed by rotating the nock. Second, it's just not as sexy as it's 350fps breathern. Second and a half, the AT population in general is going to give a lot more attention to sexier bows. Third, it isn't hunting season yet. While I'll be using my General for everything, it is first and foremost a hunting bow. Look in any of the bowhunting magazines, it's the General, not the Airborne's that Bowtech is advertising.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
cause they are junk. loud 2 i think compaired to my mathews
Lets see,,,,,,,Uh;;;;

Well I own 2 Mathews now,an S2 and a Switchback XT,both are great bows(love my XT) just sold my DXT(too short ATA for me I think).

Although I dont own a General,I do own a Guardian and a Black Ice, I have shot one.The general was very quiet,and smooth on the draw,balanced very well in the hand at full draw and felt quiet comfortable to shoot.

I think that the general is probably on a short list of bows that I would buy next.

They definetly are not junk,and are very quiet,even compared to my Mathews!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Thanks for your input. It really makes sense now that you say it. You have opened my eyes and now I will get rid of my General. Never thought a Mathews fanboy could make such a good point and argue it so well.

Thanks again! :confused3:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Because it is a "sleeper".:wink:

As has been referenced, speed is what catches most folks' attention. The General is not a speed bow. It has respectable speed especially considering its 8+ inch brace height but it excels in just about every other aspect....accuracy, noise level, lack of recoil/vibration, shot feel.

Out of any of the 2008 Bowtech/Diamond models I have owned/shot I prefer the General because of its shot feel and overall size. I wish it was about a half pound lighter but no bow is perfect. Maybe next year. :wink:

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Th General is NOT slow...its just not as fast as some of the cam lean cheetahs out there. This bow is so comfortable to shoot that spped quickly becomes a secondary (or less) issue:wink:

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I think you'll hear more about it closer to hunting season.You don't hear allot about the Black Ice.I think its one of the best single cam bows I ever laid my hands on.But as far as the General,I would rather have the Guardian.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That sort of speed from a bow with an 8" BH, what's not to like? It amazes me now how many people think they need a bow that shoots 340 + fps to kill an animal :rolleyes:
We finally agree:wink:

I have never had a bow shoot over 260 FPS, and I do not want one:tongue:

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
maybe cause the owners are too busy shooting them sweet machines versus posting up garbage like this............

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Agreed. I have shot the General, and its just a good, stable hunting bow. Not alot of bells and whistles, and just average speed. It doesnt blow the fletching off of an arrow, so its not the latest and greatest. PA hit the nail on the head when he said what he said.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I also hear from the owners they are the quietest bows and recoil free set-ups they have ever shot..............
Can't wait to try one out myself and hopefully one one in Max4 or all Black. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts