Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to fletching up arrows and wanted to try something new.. These are just 3 of the 6 i did..

Now these are the same 3 arrows but i dipped them in GLOWMATES paint!!!
WoW is all i can say.. These babies glow like no bodies bussiness.. :thumbs_up
That is just the glow from being drying in the sun!!! The green glowmate paint goes on clear but this is the result when its dark...

No there is no light in the arrows.This is actually the paint... :thumbs_up

So what do you guys think??

·
Registered
447 Posts
were can I get some?

That looks great

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Nice :shade:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We all know how it is walking around at night trying to find your arrow.. Well thats why i did this.. Should be easy to spot...
It's cheaper to do than buying lighted nocks and also gives you something to do..I'm impressed with it for thats for sure.. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
447 Posts
how long did shipping take ?

did you put the paint directly on the carbon or did you paint your wrap

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not a wrap. Its laquer paint.. White is the best for it to glow the brightest..You can put directly on but it wont be as bright..

Also shipping was 3 days.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Can this stuff be sprayed onto a shaft and still maintain it's brightness. It says it needs to be charged, does that mean it just needs daylight?

·
Registered
447 Posts
nice

I am thinking about getting the blaze orange and trying it. Should help find it in night or day. I am shooting turbos and that is not very much color to look for

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
To anwser a few questions:

#1 arrow flight, I have not shot these yet.I will be doing so Sunday.I will let you know what i find..Just from looking at them they really didnt change any.Just like being dipped then another color being added to the tip..I checked them for weight and not much change at all, not enough to concern me..So i really dont think it will affect arrow flight but i'll know for sure tomorrow.. :thumbs_up

#2 I'm not sure about spraying?? I got the paint,(and they even put it in special jars for me so it would accomadate what i was wanting to do..
As far as being charged,you really only need the sun. I also hit it with a million candle spot light and woah it was really bright.. The paint will glow for 12 hrs.
But like i said the glowmate green is the brightest and it goes on clear in color.The others are actually colored,so you will see the colors and at night they will glow too..

If you have anymore questions ask me and i'll try to answer them the best i can..

p.s I just wanted to clear up that the laquer paint is the white paint i used and then i dipped the tips in the glowmate paint..

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Can you post pics of this special jar? How do I get Frank at GLOWMATES to put mine in the same one?

Thanks,
Byron

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The jar that it would normally come in looks just like say a bottle of doe pee.

So they put it in a jar that is shorter and wider so as i could dip the arrows in it.They also sent me some brushes for nothing..

Like i said i talked to Frank personally on the phone and he is a great guy..You can call him @ 773-763-8737 or email him at [email protected]

Any more questions fire away.. I'll try to help if i can... :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Looks great. I have some on the way. Didn't even think about using it for cresting. I am planning on putting it on my peep for shots at dusk. Hopeing that it will let me see the peep circle in dim light to help line up the sight ring. Have a spot hogg and might consider painting the white ring with it too. I am getting the green and am now glad I did. Thanks for the pics. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Maybe I'm an idiot but wouldn't it need a shot from a flashlight to keep it going? If it wears off from sunlight, how long does it last?

·
Registered
886 Posts
It will charge up from sunlight while hunting, and glow after dusk for a while. At least that is how my vital bow gear sight works. That sucker glows on my rack in my room so bright I can see it in the middle of the night. I figure it would glow bright like that for at least an hour after dark, maybe more. That should be plentyof time to find the arrow.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The stuff that he used is from GlowMates. I think he listed a site. They are on ebay just search glow in the dark. Theirs is supposed to be commercial grade and they claim that once charged (like from just hunting outside all day) that it will glow for 10-12 hours.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok i'm back from shooting.Man talk about HOT!!! Geesh..Ok anyways.

Heres my setup:

MATHEWS SWITCHBACK
28"DL 68LBS
Dropaway rest,shooting d-loop

I shot ALL of the arrows that i did from distances of 10-20-30-40 yrds.

I used field points first at the above distances..great groups. :thumbs_up

Then i switched to broadheads.What i used was 100gr Slick Tricks and 100gr Stingers 4 blade.. Same results.. They flew just as the field points did..

There was NO difference in flight what so ever.. :thumbs_up

I had good groups all around..I could not be happier.. :p

To answer your questions about the charging:

The charging process is like i stated above.They will charge from sunlight.You can also use a spot light to chargem up..They are said to glow for 12hrs after charged.

And yes i listed the website and the phone# also Franks email addy.. Givem a call and tell him i told you too.. :thumbs_up

He is a great guy and will help you out..

If you have anymore questions just ask me and i'll try to help you if i can..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts