Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,568 Posts
I'm glad I don't live near you.

You do know what you are doing is dangerous and, really, not very "funny".

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow thanks for being the internet police Im sure glad your out there never making a mistake There is probably 25 threads of "things" guys accidentally killed while practicing With their bows But thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Thanks dude, I needed a laugh this morning. Now if I could just get out of jury duty my life would be sweeeeeeeet.
thats easy just fill out there jury duty form and write on it your raisict,you will never recieve another county letter

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Myself and a friend of mine were shooting in town here in MN one time and he missed the target at 10 yards and the arrow stuck right into the the outer fins of the neighbors AC unit. Luckily it only bent the fins a little, no real damage. The funny part was the arrow before that one he shot a perfect bullseye in the target!!:wink:

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Wow thanks for being the internet police Im sure glad your out there never making a mistake There is probably 25 threads of "things" guys accidentally killed while practicing With their bows But thanks for the heads up.
Sorry that is not a mistake it's just dumb. Simple basic weapon safety know what is down range. Being able to shoot your neighbors tire means its not a safe place to shoot. End of story. And you wonder why those clubs have all the rules. People don't think so you have to for them.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep that's exactly why I'm in the club now ..... And the reason behind the whole thing was a cheap Allen release from Walmart breaking while I was drawing the bow but that was not really the intent of the whole STORY... to have to explain to everyone but just so you know we store the neighbors rv over on that side of our yard but when the release.let loose the arrow skipped about 6 ft infront of me and I thought it went entirely the other way that's why it took forever.to find ...... Once again guys it is a STORY......wow

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol I knew it as well but stuff happens and everybody learns from my screw up so its all good

·
Registered
743 Posts
sounds like north vs southern WI. Also, I might have had to explain a hole in the side of my neighbors shed from a similar experience.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
It's not Internet police it's basic weapon safety. Kind of like there house is over 100 yards away I'm only shooting 40 pounds so I'm good my arrow won't fly that far wrong. How about the guy that was going to target practice with his kids. Their target was a milk jug floating on a small pond. I was standing directly down range. When I yelled and let him know I was there he responded it was my responsibility to let him know I was down range. He drove by at least 5 signs saying no target shooting. Why are those signs there because of the houses down range that have been hit with bullets form morons doing the same thing. Engage brain around weapons.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts