Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jk, I am dying to go out and get some hunting done, and the only thing I am able to do is find rubs, shoot doves and see mom and a little one in a cornfield at 15yds. ugh, oct 7 cannot come soon enough. on the brighter side, I get the entire rut (until nov 11) all to myself...other than the errant squirrel hunter, noone else is in the woods.

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
I feel for ya, NC opened Saturday. But then your season goes longer than mine so I guess it equals out. Wished we could hunt through Christmas.

·
Registered
210 Posts
pinshooter, where you at in NC? season goes through first of January here. Only time you cant hunt (with a bow anyway) is in muzzleloader only season, but that is only a week long.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Ours opened on August 15th, and I have only been once! It is just to dang hot right now!!!

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
misplaced texan said:
pinshooter, where you at in NC? season goes through first of January here. Only time you cant hunt (with a bow anyway) is in muzzleloader only season, but that is only a week long.
Stokes county, NW region. I don't know why our season isn't longer. We quit on Dec 16. We are over populated and people complain but WC doesn't extend the season, instead they turned out yotes :confused:

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
hoyt3 said:
jk, I am dying to go out and get some hunting done, and the only thing I am able to do is find rubs, shoot doves and see mom and a little one in a cornfield at 15yds. ugh, oct 7 cannot come soon enough. on the brighter side, I get the entire rut (until nov 11) all to myself...other than the errant squirrel hunter, noone else is in the woods.
After September 24 I'll be envious of all those that can continue to hunt. After that date I'm all done...:sad:

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
I couldn't care less for an early season.

I could have went since Sept. 2nd and still haven't.
I despise hunting in hot weather with a passion.
Can't stand the blood sucking mosquitos either. :mad:

Sag.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
MI,

Oct 1 --- December 31

The way i see it there is 2 seasons, Hunting season and scouting season

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow, maybe I am not so envious. our season starts 7 october and goes until jan 6...if you get into the city season here, you can hunt sept 15 to march something, but that is doe only. so, most everyone in nc, sc, is experiencing hot wx? here in n. va, it is very cool right now. it struggled to break seventy yesterday, and a high of 65 today. of course that will all change when the season comes here, it'll be 90 for a low, lol

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Our season in Ohio is pretty generous.It starts on September 30th and runs straight through until Feb. 4th. Good Luck to everyone this year.

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
Ours opens up Fri. Got a dandy spotted, deep forked G2, looks like a muley. Get to go till Jan 15th, but it isnt much good after the november rifle season.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In Maryland I can hunt will a bow from Sept 15th to Jan 31st! (Bucks or does) except for during junior hunts. But other wise we're good to go with a bow. If you shoot a buck you must shoot 2 does before you can shoot another buck! But some regions are unlimited does. We have a very gerenous deer season and bag limits!

I also hunt in PA and their season is from Sept 30 - Nov 11th and Dec. 26-Jan. 13. But It is one buck per licence you must obtain doe permit to shoot and does which is very hard for an out of state hunter to obtain!

I think no matter where a hunter lives he's always going to be chopping at the bit to for opening day!

Good luck this season, and fill that freezer!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
msabo said:
In Maryland I can hunt will a bow from Sept 15th to Jan 31st! (Bucks or does) except for during junior hunts. But other wise we're good to go with a bow. If you shoot a buck you must shoot 2 does before you can shoot another buck! But some regions are unlimited does. We have a very gerenous deer season and bag limits!

I also hunt in PA and their season is from Sept 30 - Nov 11th and Dec. 26-Jan. 13. But It is one buck per licence you must obtain doe permit to shoot and does which is very hard for an out of state hunter to obtain!

I think no matter where a hunter lives he's always going to be chopping at the bit to for opening day!

Hey Msabo, MD here too. Mont, Frederick and Howard. Great season huh? and only 2 weeks of gun in the middle, but thankfully after the rut.
Mont co, unlimited does! and based on what you see on the highways during the rut, unlimited is enough.

I hunt Va too, October 7th - 1/6 but firearms starts 11/18. Where I hunt you might as well hang up the bow after that. The only deer on their feet during the day have dogs behind them, the rest wait til its good and dark to come out. Too much pressure and too much orange.

This year hunting in Illinois too, not sure when the season comes in but I will be there for 6 days in Oct! Looking for the harvest trifecta this year. We will see.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a buddy that bought 200 acres and lease another 200 in pike county, he's been bugging me to come out for a week! I just haven't had time to get away from the wife and kids to get out there. Hey let me know how you do in Illinois this year! Good luck, and fill that freezer!

msabo

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,277 Posts
msabo said:

Yeah I can't wait for Friday. I want something worth mounting this year. A big 8 point has been seen at our site. I hope I get a shot at him.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wall hanger!

Punch_Master said:
Yeah I can't wait for Friday. I want something worth mounting this year. A big 8 point has been seen at our site. I hope I get a shot at him.
I've been after the same thing A nice Wall Hanger! I've been close the past couple of yrs but the situation was not right! I hunt my bosses property in Monkton (Harford Co.) and he has some real bruisers out there! He has been seeing two 10 pointer with 20 to 23 inch spreads! Maybe it will be my lucky Year!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nosdog2 said:
Another MD'r here. Come on Friday! I can't wait!
I know, I'm having a tuff time sleeping already! :confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts