Archery Talk Forum banner

You have to see this

1564 Views 30 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Kansas Bruisers
some of you may have already seen this - it showed up in my inbox today....

http://www.wimp.com/curiousbear

Joe
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
wow thats hilarious, id pee my pants if that thing started climbin my stand

· Registered
165 Posts
Woooow that guy has nerves of steel. I would have started hollerin at that thing soon as it made eye contact with me. Props to him for not just shooting it, I've got a feeling alot of people would panic.

· id rather be hunting
1,480 Posts
Haven't had one that close to me. I was on a sit and stock hunt in oct. Iwas in dence brush and heard something a head of me.started to move slowly towards the sound and what ever it was ran to beat hell away from me. My brother in-law was on a ridge and waving his arms like he was trying to take flight. When I finaly got to him, he said man you were about 45yrds from a big bear. I thought he was trying to get my goat. To prove it to me we went down there again. I hanvt seen a paw print that big in a long time. Now we're trying to get bear tags for that area. Also seen a huge moose that week. Never saw a single deer though.

· Registered
2,559 Posts
Because I didn't walk into the stand, I didn't realize immediately that the bear was tracking the guy in the stand. But it was pretty obvious by the time the bear was about 10' from the ladder. I would have long since put the camera down, and grabbed my bow. I'd be happy with a photo trophy even if I was without a bear tag. Nail him on about the 2nd rung, certainly when he was sniffing the pine bough. Wouldn't think it likely I'd see a deer after having a bear stink up the area.

· Registered
7,049 Posts
Nothing like going to your stand and finding Bear Chit in it ! Friend of mine in Alaska shot one that was coming in the stand with him.
Nothing like having a bear close enough to pet..Randy

· Registered
5,551 Posts

· Registered
4,575 Posts

· Pay It Forward
27,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I will call this guy "The Bear Whisperer....." - TWO STEPS AWAY - REALLY:mg:....... I think I may have had a few better words then - "Hey what are you doing there.....". Did you see the bear's face - almost as if he had the "oh crap" expression himself....

Joe

· Registered
712 Posts
I would have been headed farther up the tree......as fast as possible...lol. But I would definitely be laying a $h!t slick down as well!!

· Registered
1,004 Posts
Had one start to climb my ladder a few years ago. He got all 4 paws on the ladder before I decided I should probably yell at him lol. He climbed back down and meandered away. They are just very curious animals.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.