Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was boon and raised into a good christian family my dad got me in the woods at 2 years of age killed my first when i was 5

what i really getting at is my dad has upper reasportary infection and bronkidects and he took me hunting this morning and sat in the truck while i hunted that just made me fell good

thought i would share it with ya

·
Registered
721 Posts
thats awesome...lucky you!! glad you have parents that love you and the things that you do!! congrats

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Sounds like a true "daddy". I say congrats & wish there were more like that!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
i was boon and raised into a good christian family my dad got me in the woods at 2 years of age killed my first when i was 5
How old are you now? Your profile is blank.

Ray

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
How old are you now? Your profile is blank.

Ray
im 13 now
I was going to ask the same question. You are a fortunate and respectful young man. Good on you!

I'm betting that one day, you will pass this same quality on to your children, just as your dad has done for you! This is how strong families and good stewards of hunting rights are made!

Great, great thread!

:thumb:

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,212 Posts
Awesome deal, your family indeed has raised you well.

Wish the best for your dad and hope his health gets better.

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
He sounds like my dad. . . . to me the greatest man in the world and my best friend for ever. Love ya Dad, your the best.:thumb:

I feel very blessed with having the dad I do and hats off to your dad dutch. . . .the world needs more men like them. :cheers:

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Awesome stuff.........
My friend's father is 67 years old from Georgia and flew here to Kansas to climb a treestand with my friend and I for 2 weeks of Kansas hunting.
Great thing. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
:wink:

Awesome, My dad has done the same.... Thats a Good Man, Remember that and Grow to the same standards. Good Dads are fewer and farther between nowdays.

·
Registered
262 Posts
And we may not realize it at the time . . but sometimes we have good parents even when we are mad at them. I used to go so angry at my folks when I was in High School. I was never allowed to stay out late at night or hang out to the wee small hours of the morning with all my "friends". It was so embarrassing when others in school were talking about the big party they were at and I was home in bed (and getting up before they went to bed to go hunting).

Now . . many years later . . I can go to any gas station in my home town and find my "friends" working there or usually find their names in the police blotter.

Thanks Mom & Dad!

·
Powderhorn
1,062 Posts
Just so happens I went to my Dad's gravesite yesterday afternoon. Wow, lots of fond memories!! Wish they were still here to see their legacy in the grandkids!! Go hug you Dad and tell him you love him!! Prayers for your family.

·
Powderhorn
1,062 Posts
RecordKeeper, 'Thanks' for steering me to that thread as I went to my folks' gravesites yesterday and was flooded with fond memories!! If you are lucky enough to still have your parents or one of them, call'em today just to say 'Hi' and be sure to tell them that you love them!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Now I have the joy of teaching my grandchildren

My Father taught us to hunt; my brother & I would walked along in the tall grass & corn fields on pheasant hunts with our father & Uncles. We learned the joy of the fellowship of being together a powerful family event each year bird & deer hunting. Our first gun was a single shot 22 shooting gophers, then to a 20ga shot gun, harvested the first pheasants & deer.
My father purchase a long bow when I was 16 we all fell in love with it, he never had the time to bow hunt. But, I and my high school buddy began the mystery of bow hunting. Our family hunts went on for over twenty years. My father has went on to be with the Lord years ago.

Now I have the joy of teaching my grandchildren, walking through the tall grass & woods, far away from the TV & video games. They all started with the Bear Brave bow, now this year moving up to the Diamond Razor Edge it can cover a range from 28 to 60 pounds. Three years ago the grandkids purchased me a ground blind, they said “ Grandpa your to old to climb trees”. I still have my ladder stand & got a bigger ground blind so the grand kids can come along.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts