Archery Talk Forum banner

You might be a shop shooter if....

1415 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  I BOW 2
I'll start this with a quick story. I was shooting some Vegas face at the local Hoyt/Mathews dealer the other night (I dont shoot either brand) and some of the shops sponsored shooters came in and almost imediately proceded to argue their perspectives on the Hoyt ad - Mathews ad fiasco. I'll have to admit it was quite entertaining listening to the whole thing then someone said "speaking of ads, why do you think Martin has this pretty girl in their add?" to which the main M****** proponent said "because the bows are a piece of s**t"
Well, I am standing four feet away from this guy vaporizing some baby x's with my Scepter, but had my back to everyone - it got dead silent in there as everyone in there knows I loves me some Martin bows (which arent sold there), and I think the guy let it slip before realizing the potential impact that statement could have. Many things raced through my mind as far as a retort for this, and as I turned after letting down:mad: , he aproached full draw - I believe out of nerve after realizing he had just crapped his bed. There he stood at full draw, the apex of the string all the way back to his ear, release elbow pointed down at his heels, looking like hes being struck by lightning due to flinching so bad while trying to hammer his shot off.
I ended up not saying a word as this mental image of the "what not to do" poster child burned into my mind. The realization that this professed expert and loudmouth had so much pride showing everyone how great (not) he is. I could not think of anything worthy of verbalization in comparison to his own flashing neon sign that screams "DUMbA$$"
Its guys like that that make people so darn "passionate" about what they do and dont like.
Sorry to further any possible heated discusions about this subject, but I had to vent.

:eek:

Sean
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Doesn't sound like he'll be a shop shooter long.

My shop carries M*****ws and other brands. I shoot a McPherson/Pearson. I KNOW that the shop owner DOES NOT condone any of the mud slinging. I appreciate the quality and features of other bow companies but I shoot a McPherson better than I shoot brand X.

Yesterday at a 3D shoot a couple of shooters from a rival (friendly rival) store were talking to a prospective customer, he asked for a line they didn't carry, they asked me over to talk to the guy about the Pearson/McPherson line that we carry. This is true professionalism and I hope that I can be professional enough to do the same for them.

Going back to the "what does a sponsor want from you" thread, I know without a doubt that if I was to act like you described I wouldn't be shooting for Bennet's Archery very long.

BTW, y'all read what McPherson wrote about "unlevel nock travel and cam 1/2 systems"? NOTHING :D Thought I'd mess with y'all :D

Will

· Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the record, my little story does not imply any negativity towards true shop shooters and representatives, or any brands.
I'm glad all the bows that are currently available are there to choose from. I am not, however, very fond of the jackass behind the string in some cases.

Sean

74,554 Posts
You just kick there tails

Then tell them they just got out shot by a piece of sh##! There are lots of them in pro shops. Good shooters can shoot any bow!

· Registered
2,089 Posts
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but I just had to laugh my head off at that one! LOL!:D :D :p :p :D :D Good for you that you didn't say anything........I bet the silent suspense you put him through made him really want to shrivel up and die! LOL I just love the way you handled it, and I'll bet unless he's like one local shooter here, he'll think before he opens his loud mouth again! LOL This whole things just cracks me up by how absolutely CRAZY some people can get with brand loyalty!!!!!!! Have fun, and keep vaporizing those baby Xs in front of loudmouth Brand X shooters!!!!!! Also, I'll betcha his game TOTALLY went to pieces for the entire time that you were there then! LMBO! Good shooting!

· Occam's Razor
11,361 Posts
What an image.

bowbender7 said:
There he stood at full draw, the apex of the string all the way back to his ear, release elbow pointed down at his heels, looking like hes being struck by lightning due to flinching so bad while trying to hammer his shot off.

Sean
Poster child of poor form.......lol :D :) ...................ck

· Registered
1,096 Posts

You showed true class!

But you could have said, as I have to some in certain incidents:

If you had not opened your mouth, I would have never have known for sure: Now, I know for sure!

G

·
BOWBENDER 7...

...:D ...yep...it's sometimes words that never get spoken that have the greatest impact...way to go on your "perfect score";) ...

>>>---:) -->

· Registered
5,700 Posts
you did good by not lowering yourself to the level that was shown. and i think that you not saying anything and his actions after the impulsive remarks with punching out a shot showed that you didn;t even have to say a thing because he definately stuck his whole foot in his mouth.
as for who shoots what and why, it's all a matter of what you desire to shoot and shoot what feels comfy in hand and you showed htem you were more man than htey were for their remarks
good job and good luck shooting
rob k

· Registered
3,073 Posts
Sean's OLD BLUE is a Winner!!!

Hey Sean the OLD BLUE bow does shoot better than the "RED" bow! OLD BLUE took first place in the State shoot this weekend and cleaned up the PROAM pot with some help from my PRO partners new S3!:p
Thanks buddy! Ken

· Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ken, thats great news! I sure miss both of my Ole Blues' but I've just about got my new ones out of the "terrible two's" lol

You still have my adress to send any award money right?
:)

Sean

· Registered
3,073 Posts
Poor location for a shoot!

Sean sorry to break the bad news to ya but the Shoot was held to close to Cabela's for any left over contingency monies! :p
Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.