Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son is 14,shooting a new bow for this season.Ive noticed that at full draw he is tilting his bow just alittle to the left and seems to shake a little, we havent shot alot this summer due to my work schedule.His draw weight is about the same as his bow from last year.He has no porblem drawing the bow at this weight,(45lbs),he gets a little frustrated when his grouping isn't like he wants.Has anyone else had this problem,and what was the best solution?We are shooting about every afternoon even though it is about 1000 degrees.

·
Registered
21 Posts
if he was shakeing the poundage is to much. when i got my bow i did the same thing and had a bad problem about shaking. Losining the poundage would help in confidence and his placement. tilting i can't help out with. i do it to sometimes. hope this helps. if he's shooting with a bunch of his buddies peir presure from them will make him want to hold the poundage. let it off some so that he can shoot more comfortable. i did and love it know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree, his poundage is too much. I have had the same problem. I would let it down to a comfortable weight. If you are planing on hunting, I would slowly try to get it to about to where the weight is now. Turn it up slowly, or the weight will be too much, and he won't shoot well and just get frustrated. I know from first hand experience. I would suggest putting the weight down about 5 pounds to start, then see from there. your other issue uh.... Does your son shoot with his quiver on? If he does I would stop. I could also be another result of the weight being too much. The arm that he uses to hold his bow might get tierd, making him tilt.

hope this helps,
Jason

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
if he was shakeing the poundage is to much.
I shake from the bow weighing too much. Lighter bow, no shaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts