Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a bracket to mount my camcorder to my bow and have not used it yet. What are your experiences with bow mounted camcorder? Tips, advice,ect.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I've never done it either but I've been toying with the idea.

Something you may consider....You will have to check your camcorder compatability but they make some small bullet cams that have great quality and may plug into your camcorder. The bullet cams are smaller, lighter and I would think to be a better alternative to bolting a camcorder onto your bow.

I've been running one on my bike and it video quality is great. Here is a small video I made with my bullet cam but the quality suffered when I reduced the size to host online. I think it would work great for mounting on a bow or shotgun for wingshooting also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxa2KnkhMQ8

A pic of the camera with housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I was at the MN deer classic a few years ago and a guy was giving away dvd's that he shot with a bow mounted camera. Needless to say I was not impressed. Once he shot, the recoil of the bow pulled his hand off target and you lost the deer before arrow impact. Not one of the deer he shot was visible once he let the string go.

If you really want to film your hunts I would get a tree pod for the camera. See over at the bowsite, there is a tutorial on how to film you own hunts.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I did not think of that,but I guess it might be a good idea to focus wide on the deer when shooting at it.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,310 Posts
reflex shooter said:
I was at the MN deer classic a few years ago and a guy was giving away dvd's that he shot with a bow mounted camera. Needless to say I was not impressed. Once he shot, the recoil of the bow pulled his hand off target and you lost the deer before arrow impact. Not one of the deer he shot was visible once he let the string go.

If you really want to film your hunts I would get a tree pod for the camera. See over at the bowsite, there is a tutorial on how to film you own hunts.
Thats kinda' what I was thinkin' I don't see a way around it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts