Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to try my hand at fletching. there was a thread a couple weeks ago where everyone posted their fletching handywork and you guys inspired me!

i want to use zeon fusions. the local pro shop says they can't get them to stick (which is what has led me to try myself).

i'm going to use wraps.

anyone out there had luck with zeons? what glue did you use?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use goat tuff with fusions and have zero problems. Have had very mixed results with blazers and goat tuff/fletch tite/whatever I can find. I use wraps as well.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i use super glue to fletch all my arrows with. it drys fast as is strong

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Hands down without a doubt. LOCKTITE ultra control gel in the black and blue bottle. Stuff is tough as nails! I tried to rip a fletching off with a pair of pliers and it ripped the vane itself before the glue gave up.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
i use goat tuff with fusions and have zero problems. Have had very mixed results with blazers and goat tuff/fletch tite/whatever i can find. I use wraps as well.

·
Registered
23,275 Posts
I have had good results with Blazers and Zeons using Platinum and a wrap. My "secret" is that I wipe the base of each vane with isoproply alcohol prior to fletching and have no problems. I tried Gorilla this summer on a couple arrows and the applicator was too bulky. I might try Loctite in the future to compare, as it gets good reviews on AT.

·
Mark
5,433 Posts
i wipe off shafts and vane base with acetone. use super glue and you can't get the dang things off! use Blazers and mini-fletch jig.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts