Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love archery but right now i mostly deer hunt. soon, when i have the $ i want to buy a bow for 3-d and target. lets see what you guys haveand give me a reson you have it. i shoot Bowtech but lets see them all.
sIllBowtech

·
Registered
422 Posts
Depends on what division you shoot in. I really like my HHA Ds-5500. Alot of adjust ability and is fairly cheap. Also another option for sights is a low level Sure-loc with a Specialty Archery lense/pin. I shoot Radial X Weave 100's because they are 6.6 gpi, and they can sure go quick. There are guys shooting these at 60 pounds on our leauge and they are like rockets. I also like a hinge style release for 3d, it allows me to shoot when im ready to, but it will take some time to get used to.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just got a target specific bow this year and I love having the two seperate instead of trying to make one work for both. I use different arrows for each so it saves me sighting in over and over throughout the year. In an indoor bow, you look for different specs compared to a hunting bow. You'll benefit from a longer axle to axle, brace height, etc. But with a hunting bow, the longer axle to axle can get in the way when walking through the woods. And, if I'm getting a bow fixed or worked on, I still have a bow to shoot while I wait for it to get sent back. I'm glad I got a second bow. Yeah it's more expensive, but I think it was worth the money.
Just my two cents,

David

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sorry, Didn't read whole post. I shoot a scope on my target bow. I like the scope for target, but hunting wise I wouldnt because its just another thing to fog up or crack. i think the single pin on my target rig is better because I can dial it on and not be guessing between pins, but with hunting its more instinct so it doesn't bother me as much.

David

·
Registered
275 Posts
3D Bow

Here is my 3D open bow
Elite XLR, Toxonic sight with HHA scop, Gold Key blade rest, Octane stabilizer and side bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
This is my rig:

2009 Hoyt Ultra Elite XT2000 limbs with Spiral X cams, 29.5" 72#
Copper John ANTS with a Toxonics Retina Burner 4x scope
Specialty Super Peep
Brite Site Pro Tuner rest (shown with old GKF rest)
Posten Standard 30" stabilizer
SlingBraid sling (shown with old sling)
Easton Flatline 340 arrows, 100 grain tips (total weight ~360 gr.)

·
Registered
422 Posts
hey Ct, can you post up a pic of your setup? I wana see how a loaded Copper John looks. Also post a pic looking through the lens? Thanks Ct!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I tell everybody, if you're gonna put out the expense in time, effort and money to shoot major 3D shoots, you'd be crazy not to at least try an Alpine! You might like it better than anything you've ever shot and the Contingency Money is AWESOME!!!!

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
hey Ct, can you post up a pic of your setup? I wana see how a loaded Copper John looks. Also post a pic looking through the lens? Thanks Ct!:darkbeer:
Is the pic I posted not working for you? And the view through my scope sucks. It's a cheap scope that I'm going to replace soon.

·
Registered
154 Posts

I shoot a PSE dreamseason with a viper 4 pin target sight and a Tru Ball ST 360 release, and the coolest thing I have for 3d is the sweet easton hip quiver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts