Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never shot a single round of spots but have been shooting 3D for years and finally decided to cross over. So what arrows are you guys shooting for indoors? Brand, size, fletching, point weight?? Give me some ideas.....

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
I only shoot 41# indoors with a VE with spirals. Shooting X7 2512's 30.25" with 220 points and 4" helical feathers. These things have eyes... At this poundage, I wish I could shoot 27's but they are just too much bullet. Not much help for you cause I know you have to be shooting more weight. A lot of the better shooter are now using 4" vanes instead of feathers which was always a mainstay....Bound to be lots of info in "search" on indoor set ups

·
Socket Man
23,756 Posts
Just show up and shoot the same arrows that you shoot 3-d with. Then if you get hooked on indoor you will be buying a target bow and arrows and rest and sight and 2000 dollars later you will be set. I shoot 3-d with carbon tech cheetas and indoor I shoot 300 with around 48 to 50 x with the same arrows. Sure target bow and arrows would help but it is my first year trying indoor also. I like it but it isn't as fun as 3-d to me.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I shoot Gold Tip xxx's 150 grain points, 4" gateway feathers Right helical cut to the rest.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I'm shooting victory hv v6's right now with 2'' blazers and 100gr fp and shot a 300 52x with them last weekend!!! I could of picked up maybe 1 or 2 x's with my 2712's but i don't have them fletched up.

·
Is it beer:30 yet??
6,401 Posts
I started in a 5 spot league a month or so ago and I am using a hunting set up w/ hunting arrows. After seeing the serious 5 spot guys and their set ups I would recommend just getting 5 broom sticks and put field points on them! They are about the same size as those tree trunk target arrows and wont cost you a ton if you change your mind.:wink: Tons of money in target shooting for sure!

·
6,401 Posts
Sorry, I couldnt resist. Maybe just jealousy of not having the big arrows.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
It's called arrow envy

·
6,401 Posts
It's called arrow envy
lol, definate arrow envy! I like to tease the guys that use them but they are also getting higher scores than me so I guess they do serve the purpose.

·
>>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
I shoot a Easton Eclipse X7 2712 cut 31" with 300 grain Pro Pins up front and 4" feathers.

And I also shoot Easton Full Bores Cut 28" with 100 grain Pro Pins and blazers vanes. I shoot this for both indoors and 3-D.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,577 Posts
X-Jammers, 1" shorter than raw. 210gr points 5" feathers. Fly like darts at 185fps.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
OK...Here ya go. Easton X7 2712's cut to 32". 300 grain pro points. 3 to 4 inch feathers. 50ish on the poundage.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Easton Cobalt 2312's with 4 3" vanes. I don't do the "fat shaft" thing. I found an arrow that was properly spined to the bow as opposed to trying to make a fat shaft work. They shoot great. When I miss an X it's my fault. They shoot where you point 'em.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts